Design a monster

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Dang you got some good ideas! Plus even more goblins a thief goblin is almost a must!

#62 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ideas on BGG (found the threads more easily than I thought, with the search tool) :

- Gelatinous cube : http://www.boardgame...gelatinous-cube

- Rusty the Tarnisher : http://www.boardgame...y-the-tarnisher

- Mimic : http://www.boardgame...monster-2-mimic

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#63 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Dang you got some good ideas! Plus even more goblins a thief goblin is almost a must!

I vote more goblins. I think they are funny beasties. And numbers! I like numbers <3

• Silverhelm likes this

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#64 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

I vote more goblins. I think they are funny beasties. And numbers! I like numbers <3

And/or hobgoblins. I love hobgoblins.

• Kunzite likes this
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#65 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Just because of splig, i want to see more goblins too

but i want some more demons too

• Silverhelm likes this

#66 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

And/or hobgoblins. I love hobgoblins.
Yeah nobody does hobgoblins anymore we need those. Descent would be good place to introduce them.

Edited by Silverhelm, 20 August 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#67 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

And what about a Vampire (a real one, weaponless, with claws), and a werewolf (why not with day and night rules) in a small expansion ?

• Silverhelm likes this

#68 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Just because of splig, i want to see more goblins too

but i want some more demons too

I think once we get a melee goblin, we'll be set. :)

A demon lieutenant would be killer... but I'd like to see more demon monsters too.

• Silverhelm likes this

#69 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

They could bring back the demon lord and work with that and maybe one or two other demon monsters.

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#70 BillyBabel

BillyBabel

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for keeping on coming with ideas for goblins, but another goblin melee type I'd like to see is one that gets an extra green die for every additional goblin that is adjacent to a hero, and if he takes at least one damage of hearts will move away from the hero by 3 spaces.

I'm imagining a goblin with comically oversized helmets and shields, and when they get hit, they're so frail and light that if they don't die they will get knocked back by 3 spaces

• Kunzite likes this

#71 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I can see goblins doing that.

That gave me an idea to have a goblin healers. They can't fight but they can heal and just being adjacent to them other goblins gain 2 or so hit points. But it's not a permanent boost only as long as there adjacent to these guys(making it possible for them to die if they move away for some reason). And the master has abilities like a Disiple class healer.

Edited by Silverhelm, 22 August 2013 - 05:26 PM.

• Kunzite likes this

#72 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Also had an idea of a group of humans cream color are casters( they also have healing abilities)and the master can melee. Only thing good about the master other then better Heath and defense is he can use one relic.

#73 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

That gave me an idea to have a goblin healers. They can't fight but they can heal and just being adjacent to them other goblins gain 2 or so hit points. But it's not a permanent boost only as long as there adjacent to these guys(making it possible for them to die if they move away for some reason). And the master has abilities like a Disiple class healer.

They look quite like the Flesh Moulders.

G. K. Chesterton

#74 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

They look quite like the Flesh Moulders.

Yeah just a goblin version would be cool with plot cards.

#75 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Then, why not corrupted humans for zacareth ?

I would love to see ninja goblins, though

#76 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

As Descent is placed in Terrinoth, some Uthuk monsters would be welcome too.

G. K. Chesterton

#77 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

As Descent is placed in Terrinoth, some Uthuk monsters would be welcome too.

as i already said in another topic

And I really want that to be !

• Robin likes this

#78 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Got a Vampire idea. When the vamps attack they immediately recover health from all damage sources they do on there turn. They also have an attack that targets there stamina. The master does all of the above but in addition if he lands a wound and if he gets two surges (and spends them)he can take 1 exp. from target hero. If hero has no exp. then no effect. Also if fully healed the master may transfer the otherwise waisted heath to an adjacent model instead. One more ability Gaze (one action)target takes a unknown skill check if failed target is stunned (must be adjacent).

Maybe little to OP but feels like a Vamp.

Edited by Silverhelm, 23 August 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#79 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Some, off the top of my hat, remarks about your vampire idea:

- I would limit the recovery to 1 HP (or, for more fun/randomness, a gray or brown die rolled: number of shields = number of HP recovered).

- Taking exp. (=XP?) seems too powerful, as heroes only collect one XP per quest most of the time. Rather, the master vampire could propagate disease to its victim.

- The master could have a Pierce #, which would help him wound the heroes.

- The transfer of supplemental HP is a nice mechanic.

- Gaze is nice.

G. K. Chesterton

#80 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

Some, off the top of my hat, remarks about your vampire idea:

- I would limit the recovery to 1 HP (or, for more fun/randomness, a gray or brown die rolled: number of shields = number of HP recovered).
- Taking exp. (=XP?) seems too powerful, as heroes only collect one XP per quest most of the time. Rather, the master vampire could propagate disease to its victim.
- The master could have a Pierce #, which would help him wound the heroes.
- The transfer of supplemental HP is a nice mechanic.
- Gaze is nice.

Yeah figured it maybe to OP. I like the new touches you made. Think If I played with heroes again I'd like a new high risk mechanic. Just for that almost no hope of winning feel (mainly for fun). I want with each quests the chance of success low with each step the heroes took. I do like the idea of high risk threats though(maybe not around every turn).

Think it would be fun if heroes had the look of Frodo at the end of Lord of the Rings movie lol. That would be a job well done as OL. Frodo's that was hell and I never want another adventure look on his face was priceless.

Edited by Silverhelm, 24 August 2013 - 08:22 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS