Design a monster

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I don't know if this has been done or not if so sorry.

Thought would be interesting to see ideas on new monsters in future.

Ill start I'm not familiar with Runebound lore but if there's a jell type a monster I'd like a relatively weak jell monster that can if he lands a hit destroy an item from the hero. And I mean removed from game Casters would be a good choice when dealing with these.

What about you any ideas?
  • Kunzite likes this

#2 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Like the Flans from Final Fantasy. I would love to see something like that!

I would like to see one more monster with Swallow. I could see a jelly like beasty doing that. It would be interesting to see longer beasts, like worms (as opposed to wyrms) or large snakes that might be 1x3 spaces. I am not sure how that would work. A Snake LT would be fun as well. Maybe like Orochi from Japanese lore. I would be happy with a hydra as well. Hydra could attack any number of heroes within two spaces of it, which would give it reach. That would keep the heroes from ganging up on it ^.^;;

• Silverhelm likes this

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#3 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'd like a swallow monster don't have one yet.

Edited by Silverhelm, 24 July 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#4 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

The Ice Wyrm from the conversion kit has swallow. It "eats" a defeated player. Other players have to kill the ice wyrm in order to get their fallen comrade back.

~Count of Monte Cristo

#5 Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'd like a Banshee. In my mind it has:

Fly

Sonic Attack: All heroes adjacent to this monster roll a red, 2 yellows and a green and take hearts shown. All heroes 2-3 spaces away roll a red and a yellow. All heroes 4-5 spaces away a yellow and a green.

Maybe alternate the rolls a bit, but I think a sonic attack that hurts more the closer you are makes sense.

• Silverhelm and Kunzite like this

#6 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Look in the BGG files section.
There already are some fan made monsters, such as a jelly cube, a rust mondter and an Arumbaya amazonian with a blowpipe.
There are photoshop templates to create home made monsters too.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#7 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

There already are some fan made monsters, such as a jelly cube, a rust mondter and an Arumbaya amazonian with a blowpipe.

And when they go up for sell with a model figure I may get them. I'm not a proxy guy. And I like some of the ideas of the conversion kit but I feel it's a rushed product for D1 players. And unless they sell the cards with the plastic models I'm just not intrested.
  • Kunzite likes this

#8 Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

And with the banshees, how about a Siren...make it a sonic expansion. Maybe the Siren can make all heroes in 5 spaces move 3 spaces in any direction or something.

• Silverhelm likes this

#9 sdh007

sdh007

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Still waiting for the descent veriosn of Chaos Warriors! Considering them as berserker type warrior for the overlord. Abilities could be chaos worshipping, allowing them to ignore a wound by rolling an surge. Also could have dark fury, allowing them to always attack twice and still have a move action. Maybe also Bloodthirsty...attacking another monster adjacent and each damage you deal, you recover in health.

Also some kind of Balrog monster would be neat...they would have reach, blast (meaning they can fire themselves up and do damage to every hero adjacent to him), fly ability, stone skin (spend a surge to add one more shield to his defense). Aklso maybe something like Roar from the Deeps --> test a figure ability (not sure what though) and if you succeed, the hero is moved back 5 spaces due to the terrifying roar.

Just thinking out loud :-) 

#10 Bladen

Bladen

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

U want to see some animal or human monsters. Like bandits, necromancers, etc...

• Silverhelm likes this

#11 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Maybe a doppelganger. They kind of have that in Choas Beasts. I could see a doppelganger having mimic: fully mimics a hero's last move within sight, using weapons and hero abilities.

• Silverhelm likes this

~Count of Monte Cristo

#12 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'd like to see more female-specific monsters: the aforementioned banshees and sirens, sphinxes, hags/witches, lamias, succubi, dryads, dark priestesses, etc.

#13 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

And when they go up for sell with a model figure I may get them. I'm not a proxy guy. And I like some of the ideas of the conversion kit but I feel it's a rushed product for D1 players. And unless they sell the cards with the plastic models I'm just not intrested.
I have no problem with proxies.
I even use turkish delights and marshmallows to represent jelly monsters.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#14 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

@Robin great!

#15 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Banshees would be cool. Maybe they'll make a undead themed exspansion one day. Chaos Warriors would be awesome if they did a Warhammer themed one <---yeah Warhammer fanboy. Mimics would be crazy!

@Ringskeeper yeah they need a woman baddys. Maybe a Sorceress themed exspansion. Or Vampriss.

#16 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Banshees would be cool. Maybe they'll make a undead themed exspansion one day. Chaos Warriors would be awesome if they did a Warhammer themed one <---yeah Warhammer fanboy. Mimics would be crazy!

@Ringskeeper yeah they need a woman baddys. Maybe a Sorceress themed exspansion. Or Vampriss.

Well, we do have Lady Eliza (vampiress) and Ariad (sorceress) for lieutenants. But yeah, some female grunts would be nice. I love the Medusas (the designs blow me away -- so scary!), and I'm really excited for the Harpies.

• Kunzite likes this

#17 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Harpies are going to be great! I am kind of excited about them myself.

I would like to see some cat like beasties as well. But I like cats allot and I am the OL, so... Sometimes Edger, my kitten (10 pound kitten, mind you), demands attention, so I am left stroking a kitten while my heroes move, or holding him while moving monsters. My heroes claims it completes my image >}

• Silverhelm likes this

~Count of Monte Cristo

#18 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well, we do have Lady Eliza (vampiress) and Ariad (sorceress) for lieutenants. But yeah, some female grunts would be nice. I love the Medusas (the designs blow me away -- so scary!), and I'm really excited for the Harpies.

Lol I forgot about her

#19 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Harpies are going to be great! I am kind of excited about them myself.

I would like to see some cat like beasties as well. But I like cats allot and I am the OL, so... Sometimes Edger, my kitten (10 pound kitten, mind you), demands attention, so I am left stroking a kitten while my heroes move, or holding him while moving monsters. My heroes claims it completes my image >}

Yeah harpies will be good. Think the worms will be nice too think I read they burrow. Hope they can travel while burrowed.

Edited by Silverhelm, 25 July 2013 - 07:05 PM.

• Kunzite likes this

#20 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

ooooh. Maybe they would be immune to attacks while burrowing? That would be super fun! at least add a good bit of dice, like the black or more gray.

~Count of Monte Cristo

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS