• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FGF

FGF

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi all, 

I have been a big fan of the Talisman board game for years. Drawing adventure cards and building your character bit by bit are for some reason very addictive tasks. It really is not important who wins the game - simply travelling around the boards and encountering different events are fun enough :)   I tried the "Talisman Prologue" mobile game on Android platform but was a bit disappointed. The core elements of what I liked were not quite the same as with the board game. You just can't convert a board game directly on a mobile device with a small screen. You have to think what is the *thing* in the game that people are so attracted to - and convert that according to the usability rules set by the mobile device.

As a fan, I created my own version of Talisman; Road to the Throne - you can try it for free. https://play.google....tothethronelite

The core gaming components are based on the Talisman board game (being aware of copyrights). The gaming components are simple, as I think it should be on mobile platform. This is my vision of the *things* that makes the Talisman board game so attractive.

Please try it and give your comments.

--
FGF

#2 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

You do realize the Talisman : Prologue game is just that, a prologue, don't you? A Full Digital Edition (for both PC and mobile devices)is coming out in Nov. which will reproduce the full board game experience of the 4th edition game.

#3 Czev

Czev

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hey Bat, I'm guessing someone opted to not read the full release info.....

Yes ladies and gents, I really am highly concentrated WTF!!!!!!

#4 FGF

FGF

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thank you for the reply.

We are talking about two different things here. My point about the digital version is that you will not get the "full board game experience" simply converting all the boards and cards into digital format. You have to redesign the game concept under mobile device's usability rules. As seen With the Prologue version, it is obvious that the game designer has taken the easy way here using minimal redesigning. You'll then have the restrictions of the board game implementation and also the restrictions of the mobile device implemenation (e.g. small screen). By redesigning, you can forget the board game restrictions and make clever use of the mobile device benefits.

To get the "board game experience", you have to do some resigning. This was my object in my version of the "Mobile Talisman" - to capture the essence of the board game and use it on Android platform.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS