Edge of the Empire Form Field PDF

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Tallon

Tallon

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is seriously one of the most underrated character sheets (I mean it visually shows the dice pool).

#22 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

All three of the ones I've done have that as well (and he got it from mine, hahah).

• Caied likes this

#23 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

All three of the ones I've done have that as well (and he got it from mine, hahah).

It was a pretty genius way of calculating the dice pools.  Though our naming conventions were totally different so it took a couple hours of troubleshooting to get the same logic working correctly (once i figured out how it worked and relearned JS)

This is seriously one of the most underrated character sheets (I mean it visually shows the dice pool).

Thanks Tallon!  I tend to prefer the official sheets of most games since they tend to have a better 'flavor' than most custom sheets.  I kinda shot myself in the foot by not naming the thread with a more descriptive title...  :wacko:

Edited by Caied, 25 July 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#24 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Loving the sheet.  Set it up for my family's characters tonight, looks great.

One minor suggestion - the yellow color on the dice pools is oddly hard to see.  It might be helped by either changing the tone a bit, or (my preference) changing the icon to have a black border.

Thanks for the effort!

#25 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

This is awesome!  My group will now be using this.  You, sir, ROCK!

• Caied likes this

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#26 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Loving the sheet.  Set it up for my family's characters tonight, looks great.

One minor suggestion - the yellow color on the dice pools is oddly hard to see.  It might be helped by either changing the tone a bit, or (my preference) changing the icon to have a black border.

Thanks for the effort!

Can't do a border because it's simply using Wingdings 2 for a font (they have diamonds and hexagons in wingdings, go figure) but a darker yellow should definitely be doable.

This is awesome!  My group will now be using this.  You, sir, ROCK!

#27 Jomero

Jomero

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not bad.  I prefer to have hp/soak/crit values on the first page, along with all the skills and weapons.  So that's good.

But I don't feel like there is enough space on the second page for gear, as well as there is no option to record Encumberance threshold and current value.

Edited by Jomero, 26 July 2013 - 02:04 PM.

"Everyone roll Save vs Death Star."

#28 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

But I don't feel like there is enough space on the second page for gear, as well as there is no option to record Encumberance threshold and current value.

I agree with this statement, but seriously, I love it.

#29 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Not bad.  I prefer to have hp/soak/crit values on the first page, along with all the skills and weapons.  So that's good.

adding additional space to the equipment would be tricky, i might be able to include a third page for simply inventory/miscellaneous stuff.  Adding a small box for Encumbrance would be easy though, probably place it right next to credits

#30 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

adding additional space to the equipment would be tricky, i might be able to include a third page for simply inventory/miscellaneous stuff.  Adding a small box for Encumbrance would be easy though, probably place it right next to credits

An extra page for equipment and miscellaneous notes would be fantastic! Would love It if that made enough space to expand the Talents and/or weapon boxes.

I love the sheet. My only other wish is that the font size was changeable.

Jim
Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#31 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

An extra page for equipment and miscellaneous notes would be fantastic! Would love It if that made enough space to expand the Talents and/or weapon boxes.

I love the sheet. My only other wish is that the font size was changeable.

Jim

Talents would probably be doable, not sure why you'd need more than eight weapons on hand though  :blink:

i'll start drafting up a third page with some extra space

Edited by Caied, 26 July 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#32 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

I love your character sheet.  It looks beautiful, and very funcional.  Is it possible to get a version that's a little easier on the ink and eyes.  Perhaps without all the backgrounds, and solid filled areas?

Keep up the good work.

#33 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

I love your character sheet.  It looks beautiful, and very funcional.  Is it possible to get a version that's a little easier on the ink and eyes.  Perhaps without all the backgrounds, and solid filled areas?

Keep up the good work.

Sure, it'll just take a little editing in Illustrator, but otherwise should be possible.  I can try outlining the gray blocks rather than solid filling them

#34 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'd appreciate that.  I'm mostly blind, so I tend to like things clear and clean with minimal backgrounds. 

• Caied likes this

#35 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'd appreciate that.  I'm mostly blind, so I tend to like things clear and clean with minimal backgrounds. 

let me know if this higher contrast sheet works better

New Version!

• Modified 2nd page from the Core Book standard character sheet to include several new form fields
  • Added 3rd page with extra talent spaces and large area for notes/additional gear/background information
  • NEW Higher Contrast version to help save on Ink Cartridges if you'd like to print the sheet (I don't have a printer so let me know how this one works out)

Version 4

https://dl.dropboxus...Fillable-v4.pdf

High Contrast (Low Ink) Version 4

https://dl.dropboxus...llable-v4HC.pdf

#36 lstyer

lstyer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I love the new High Contrast sheet.  It will be far more printer friendly than the original.

May I make two suggestions?

First, if you pull the "TYPE" entry in the Motivations area a little higher in the box to shift the white space to the bottom so that the text block for description would have room for a bit more text.  There are already six usable lines, but it would make the exsting white space a bit more useful.

Second, if you did the same for hte "TYPE" and "MAGNITUDE" entries in the Obligations area, you could shift the white space at the top of the box down to beneath the "MAGNITUDE" entry and turn that white space into a text box to provide space for a brief description of a character's obligation.

#37 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ask and ye shall receive.  Both pdf's have been updated accordingly as well as being better optimized (now back under 1mb each)

#38 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

This just keeps getting better!

#39 Caied

Caied

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Alright guys and gals, here's the first pass at the Vehicle sheet.  Nothing fancy or special really.  Let me know if there's anything from the character sheets you'd like to see, additional pages, extra space/boxes/information/whatever

EotE Vehicle Sheet v1

EotE Vehicle Sheet HC v1 (low ink)

#40 e6r6i6c

e6r6i6c

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

First of all, thanks for all the work you have allready put into this, its really awesome.

I don't know if this has allready been mentioned, or if this is how it is supposed to be working, but when I enter the talents on the second page of the character sheet, it copies those talents to the talent table of the third page of the sheet?

And could you maybe try to include the symbols used on the dice, so we can use them in the description of talents and specials, instead of typing stuff like use 2 advantages, And also add Boost and setback die to the symbols? I don't know if that is even possible, I dont know a lot about making pdf's.

Edited by e6r6i6c, 28 July 2013 - 05:18 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS