• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grapevine32

Grapevine32

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi, got some questions about the Orcs:

Lizard Rider - Resolution:  If you have 0 cards in your hand, destroy any number of opposing units whose combined strength is 2 or less.

Wanted to confirm on this.  Does this mean the Lizard Rider can destroy ALL opposing units that have only 2 strength or less, or just up to a total of 2 strength (for example 2 reanimates or 1 skeleton archer)  ?

War Chief - When played: Immediately purchase 1 unit from your barracks (using only Gold cards.) Add that unit to your hand.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but i understand that any factions could discard all their gold cards during the spend gold action without actually buying anything. 

When using the War Chief's when played ability, can I do the same as above, discard all my gold cards wihout buying anything?

Thanks.

#2 Grapevine32

Grapevine32

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Anyone there? Lol

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

For the Lizard Rider, I'm pretty sure you're either destroying one unit of cost 2, or two units of cost 1. It doesn't take out all 2-cost or 1-cost units.

For the Warchief, I'm just not sure. I'd say no because it specifically says, "1 unit" so purchasing 0 would go against the card's instructions. I could see it going either way, though.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 daggonthing

daggonthing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

I know this post is really late, but I would just like to offer some additional insight into this.

Firstly, yes, each Lizard Rider can only destroy units whose combined strength = 2. i.e. you can destroy either two 1-strength units or one 2-strength unit.

Secondly, the War Chief. As the card specifically states, you have to buy at least 1 unit if you activate his ability (remember, activating when-played abilities is optional). However, you could spend more gold than the unit costs to get rid of all your gold. i.e. you could spend 5 gold just to buy a Ravager.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS