Any tips for making homemade (or ordering) durable maps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diversionArchitect

diversionArchitect

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm a huge fan of Tannhauser, and have found that making player aids and such for custom units and factions isn't too difficult, however I have no idea how to make a map that will have the same feel as the official maps.

I am not concerned with drawing the maps, just their manufacture.

Does anyone have recommendations on what material and printing process I should use to go about to make something that will feel like the real deal?

#2 Cigar

Cigar

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

Your best bet is to probably visit a local graphics printing studio (a small firm/business) and see what they can do for you.  Provide them a PDF file with correct dimensions of the map and their printing equipment could fabricate something on a thick cardboard.

#3 elidaman

elidaman

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

checkout artscow... they did the D&D game boards for me.. they great and efficient + reliable...

#4 diversionArchitect

diversionArchitect

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Thanks guys I'm going to check out artscow first, the only local small business I know of ruined a dnd map i had them laminate a few years back... at my cost... I'll keep checking around tho if artscow falls through.

Thanks again!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS