Looking for Texas Players

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Any players in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, McKinney, or anywhere in the north of Texas, let me know.

I also have a buddy that has league nights in Houston.

Please post here, because we are coming up with some form of a rating system and would like to hold some major tournaments in the state and want to get as many people as possible.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#2 jesterhawk

jesterhawk

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hey Rogue 4,

I would be willing to help teach new players if we could find some willing (and able to work around my schedule which I hope has quieted down except for Sundays).  Although right now, with the medical stuff, I am two force packs and the deluxe expansion behind.  But I will be catching up over the next couple of paychecks.  :)

JH

Check out "about{dot}me{/}PRAquilone"

@praquilone

#3 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

As you know, Madness Games in Plano is where our group plays (we'll all be there all day tomorrow 10am-close playing EoD if ya'll wanna check it out).  We haven't yet done any league stuff, but are looking to start soon.  The store is still settling in to the new location which is delaying it starting.

Someone told me that its now the biggest store (by square footage) in the country and I can tell you they can easily accommodate hundreds of players at once.

Edited by Hida77, 19 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#4 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

How many players you have up there at Madness? We could have a tournie there once a month. I could bring about 4-5 players (one more if it was on a Saturday, right Pat????)

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#5 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yea, we have ~4 regular people There are a few guys (4+) that come up every once in a while, but I wouldnt be surprised if  they became more regular if we had tournaments.  If we had both groups together we could easily have a pretty decent local environment.  

I also fully expect that more and more people will play the more we promote it.  We get a LOT of people wanting to check it out each time we are up there (roughly every Saturday).

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#6 Red Two

Red Two

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

While I am not able to play at the moment I will be in Houston till mid August and after that I will be moving to San Marcos to begin Graduate school, (30 min to Austin, 45 min to San Antonio), if anyone wants to play later on.

I am a beginer and all I have is the core set and all the available Force packs at this time.

Edited by Red Two, 21 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#7 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

I have some friends that play in Houston. Shoot me a PM and I will get your an e-mail address so you can work out some games. They have a league night on Tuesday, just not sure where.

#8 Red Two

Red Two

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I want to ask this now before I return to the University but is there anyone in San Antonio or Austin who wants to play a game in late August? I will be in San Marcos to begin graduate school and the city is perfectly situated between both cities.

Give me a pm if you want to arrange anything later on.

#9 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ill be up at Madness in Plano this saturday if anyone wants a game. =)

#10 Red Two

Red Two

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Anyone in the San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio area who wants to play on Tuesday's, Friday's, or the weekends?

#11 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Anyone in the San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio area who wants to play on Tuesday's, Friday's, or the weekends?

HI Red Two,

I see you were living in Houston till recently. Do you know of any active groups that play casually in Houston?

Be seeing you.

#12 Pojo

Pojo

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

HI Red Two,

I see you were living in Houston till recently. Do you know of any active groups that play casually in Houston?

There are lots of us; whereabouts do you live?

#13 Pojo

Pojo

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

There's a group of 5-7 that meet every Tuesday at Mothership in Austin

#14 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

There's a few of us that meet Tuesdays at Dragon's Lair in San Antonio for all LCGs, but attendance for Star Wars has been on the decline.

#15 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

HI Red Two,

I live on NW side, but I play X-wing at Asgard regularly, and I live near 8th Dimension as well.

• Pojo likes this
Be seeing you.

#16 Red Two

Red Two

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

HI Red Two,

I live on NW side, but I play X-wing at Asgard regularly, and I live near 8th Dimension as well.

When I was living in Houston I played with a group of people in League City, I know that you live on the NW side that may be a bit of a drive for you. But if you want their contact information let me know and I will see about contacting them on your behalf.

#17 Berdfre

Berdfre

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Are there any groups that play in Ft.Worth?

#18 CowboyHatValor

CowboyHatValor

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Are there any groups that play in Ft.Worth?

There are a handful of us, and our budding little community is growing.

Here is a facebook group recently made, "DFW Dagobah Denizens," that is steadily growing with Fort Worth / Dallas Players. A few of us played at Collected near TCU this past Saturday.

https://www.facebook...20281094666516/

Edited by CowboyHatValor, 04 November 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#19 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I have taken a break for a while because I am a football coach at a local high school, but I am getting ready to turn it back up. I have about 3-4 players that play. Where are you all getting to gether?

I know where collected is at, when do you play there?

#20 CowboyHatValor

CowboyHatValor

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I play Netrunner regularly there, but there isn't a dedicated Star Wars group yet. A few of us recently found each other though, and Bryan made the facebook group I linked above. We're in the process of organizing, and anyone is more than welcome to join in.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS