Galactic Map

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Manborough

Manborough

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hello everyone, I'm wondering is anyone around here has stumbled across a digital version of the galactic map in the book. I feel that it would be very handy to have a printed version for players to use. The ones I found through image searches didn't seem quite as readable or clear as the books version.

#2 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

The version of the galactic map in the EOTE rulebook is an original as far as I can tell (although it does match the maps in the Essential Atlas). There isn't a digital version of this particular map at this time.

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#3 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

This topic seems to come up at least once a week; should it be added to the FAQ thread?

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#4 Manborough

Manborough

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

This topic seems to come up at least once a week; should it be added to the FAQ thread?

My apologies, I couldn't find the search function.

If the map is a commissioned piece of artwork there is a chance that the artist might have posted it up, it's probably unlikely though given the nature of the work.

#5 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

My apologies, I couldn't find the search function.

No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to criticize; I just thought that adding this question to the FAQ might help someone later on.

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#6 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Don't have the book in front of me but isn't this pretty much the same map?

#7 cikeo

cikeo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

The search bar is squeezed at the very top of the page. It's terribly difficult to find. FYI

#8 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

Whoops, I forgot the link.

http://starwars.wiki...wiki/The_galaxy

#9 Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Here's another version that might be easier to use.  In addition to the overview map, it has magnified regions  and an index.

http://wrvh.home.xs4all.nl/galaxymap/

EDIT:  Also, the PDF version's index is searchable.  That's neat.

Edited by Scars Unseen, 18 July 2013 - 07:46 AM.

• bradknowles likes this

#10 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

That's a scan of the version from the Atlas, so yes, it's basically the same.

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#11 Andrew Tatro

Andrew Tatro

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

It's close but not quite the same. The map in the book is rotated about 90 degrees counterclockwise. You could certainly still use that map in the link though as the actual information contained in it is more or less the same.

#12 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

It's close but not quite the same. The map in the book is rotated about 90 degrees counterclockwise. You could certainly still use that map in the link though as the actual information contained in it is more or less the same.

Yes, it is rotated, but the coordinates are still the same. U8 on the atlas and U8 in FFG's EotE book show the same star systems.

#13 Farsox

Farsox

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't have the book in front of me either, but I remember that "Hutt Space" is located at the top.  If nothing else, I think the Galaxy is rotated a bit in the book version.

EDIT:

I should have refreshed before responding... tsk tsk

Edited by Farsox, 18 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Specialization Trees

#14 ianinak

ianinak

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

Holy Threadomancy Batman! 

I wish they would just release the CRB map in nice high res, but I guess they can't for some reason.

I hope I am allowed to post this.  (MODS please let me know if not).

Here is a version that I cobbled together of the map in the Core Rule Book (plus Cholganna).  I did it so that I could print it out on a large piece of paper and laminate it, then use dry erase markers to show campaign specific POIs and hyperspace journeys.  I'm hoping it gives my players a better sense of where they are.

Someone posted a much nicer looking version of this map, but the resolution wasn't very good so zooming in was tough.

It's a bit rough, but I had to try and get two pages together and fill in the missing warped areas.  If anyone is better at photoshop than me, feel free to have a crack at it.

Also if you want planets added to it, tell me which ones and the coordinates and I can update the map.

Here you go

Edited by ianinak, 30 April 2014 - 01:06 AM.

• Trinity351 and bradknowles like this

#15 bull30548

bull30548

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

There is a cartographer named of Christopher West who runs or very closely affiliated with a website called maps of mastery

(mapsofmastery.com) and you may be able to find information about getting a map made by him.  Or he may have done the map in the Atlas for all I know and he can be paid to recreate it.  I would check there as he also has some awesome terrain maps that might be useful for your ground game as well.  Just a suggestion.  He also may do work on if you want to keep your players within a star system instead of an entire galaxy like Yavin system for example.

SPACE GUINEA PIGS TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

#16 andytv

andytv

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

I Hope the mods read this B/c for how hard i have searched and for how many responses that this post has gotten not matter how few, you would think by now there was a pdf that they could make of a version of the map. Even if it costs money i would gladly pay it for how many circles i've gone through just to get to this point, even to simply create an account on here just to make a post about this. It cant be that hard. Dont make me create a photoshop'ed version myself just so that i have one. Money for the taking here.

• Sofia Corba and bradknowles like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS