Two Player Rules in Cosmic Storm?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FunkyTable

FunkyTable

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Cosmic Encounter is my wife and my favorite game. We would love to play together. Could FFG publish some official rules regarding a two player version of the game in the upcoming Cosmic Storm expansion?

• phillie likes this

#2 GrimJester

GrimJester

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

I don't think it would be worthwhile, or even possible to play with two players. The alliance phase wouldn't be present and that's a major part of the game.  Several alien powers also work with the alliance phase in mind.  Assuming that your aliens don't rely on alliances, you could play the game with two, but the end game would all come down to the cards you are dealt, and not strategy.

The only solution would be to have computer players and there are just too many game changing aliens to program that correctly.

There are numerous games, which can support two players, that should entertain you and your wife.

#3 MarkHB

MarkHB

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

My brother and I used to play the original Eon set as a 2-player version, but that was with only the first expansion so there were far fewer aliens and no flares (which didn't arrive until the 4th expansion set).  Yes, it had a lot more to do with cards as opposed to alliance strategy, but it also made the Macron a far more valuable alien since he was much harder to attack.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS