Photo

Is there a chance for all new archetypes?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

I love playing both the heroes as the overlord but I always feel that the additional weapons and gold to spend, do tend to favour the heroes more then the overlord card deck. True, there are some evil twisting cards in there but...i don't know.

Descent was made to enjoy both as the hero side as the overlord side. If not, they wouldn't have placed in the oveerlord cards in the first place. So there has to be a way to give the overlord more powerful weapons, monsters,...

I think it needs more concentration on lieutenants levelling almost with the four archetypes a pick of races and an xp based system that suited them popping up slowing down the heroes then disappearing imagine a necromancer rocking up raising dead minions into skeletons or zombies then running off as the heroes give chase, but if caught he dies etc start again if he escapes gets better skills etc.

Also campaign cards that the OL could play to say trigger an assassination attempt in the inn etc and cards to change minions so a dragon now breaths lightning or ice much like talismans alignment cards

Just some thoughts.
Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#42 sdh007

sdh007

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I think it needs more concentration on lieutenants levelling almost with the four archetypes a pick of races and an xp based system that suited them popping up slowing down the heroes then disappearing imagine a necromancer rocking up raising dead minions into skeletons or zombies then running off as the heroes give chase, but if caught he dies etc start again if he escapes gets better skills etc.

Also campaign cards that the OL could play to say trigger an assassination attempt in the inn etc and cards to change minions so a dragon now breaths lightning or ice much like talismans alignment cards

Just some thoughts.

MAybe I'm just getting old or oldschooled but why not they implement some ideas from heroquest about it? I mean they had an expansion (Wizards of Morcar) which allowed the "evil" player to have special card decks for the evil wizards.

This could be perfect for the lieutenants to have a variety of special powers; like raising monsters etc... Each lieutenant could kinda have his own "overlord" deck so to speak.

#43 sdh007

sdh007

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Just some thoughts.

MAybe I'm just getting old or oldschooled but why not they implement some ideas from heroquest about it? I mean they had an expansion (Wizards of Morcar) which allowed the "evil" player to have special card decks for the evil wizards.

This could be perfect for the lieutenants to have a variety of special powers; like raising monsters etc... Each lieutenant could kinda have his own "overlord" deck so to speak.

Maybe I'm just getting old or oldschooled but why not they implement some ideas from heroquest about it? I mean they had an expansion (Wizards of Morcar) which allowed the "evil" player to have special card decks for the evil wizards.

#44 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

In this newest set, many of the quests make the LT out to be much like the heroes, so if they are knocked down, next turn they stand back up. I am really excited to see how that works. It keeps me from wanting to keep my LT so close and protected.

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS