Photo

Anyone interested in participating in a 2013 Scenario Contest?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

26 days remain...

jh

#22 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'd give this a go. Last year life kind of got in the way and I ended up writing my submission the day before the deadline. Maybe this time I can actually have enough time to proof-read it!

I burned out mid-summer and threw out 38 pages that I'd written.  Somehow I turned a simple project into a behemoth.

I'm going back to basics.  - 10 pages and a hand-drawn map

jh

#23 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

11 days remain.  

Two scenarios have been presented before final editing so far.  All are welcome to comment on them before we finish them up.  If any more of you are planning on doing one up (even one-pagers), get them up here for opinions (if you want).

Here's the link to the other two scenarios (spoilers):  http://community.fan...plete-spoilers/

#24 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

I updated mine very slighlty to reflect some comments.

#25 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

3 days remain

I've got a bit of serious editing left to do..plus, I've forgotten when to capitalize beastmen and where to put paragraph breaks.  Sure glad I spent 9 years in college to have lost the ability to do basic capitalization.

• willmanx likes this

#26 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

I totally forgot to write a new scenario for this. But since my "night in a tavern" isn't "published" yet I think I'm using it. Hopefully this is ok and I manage to edit it tomorrow (tonight is EDH night).

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#27 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Do it.  :)

#28 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

My scenario is COMPLETED and offered up for sacrifice.  If any of you see any glaring issues, let me know :)

https://dl.dropboxus... contest V3.pdf

#29 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Reminder:  Deadline is tomorrow, October 31st.  

We'll host the scenarios in multiple sites (Daily Empire, Dropbox, Skydrive, whatever).  We will do a 3 week review period and anyone will be able to vote.

#30 brrak

brrak

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

My scenario is COMPLETED and offered up for sacrifice.  If any of you see any glaring issues, let me know :)

https://dl.dropboxus... contest V3.pdf

This was fun to read through and I have a couple minor comments.

At first, I didn't realize "Gravin" was a title when you refer to it on page 1 and later on in the scenario. I got to the end and you refer to Gravin Jutte Brucher and I realize it was a feminine title.

On page 3, you talk about "a successful two-automatic-challenge + average (2d) Observation check." I'm not sure what you mean there.

I really liked how you gave rules for handling social influence checks. I also liked the detail of character roles during the hunt.

One question I had was how to handle the recovery of fatigue, stress, and wounds over the course of the scenario. It is something I have a hard time as a GM knowing when to allow and what recovery mechanism to use so putting in a few more details about it or a pull box section like you do with some of the other mechanics would be nice.

Nice work, sir!

#31 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yay!  Somebody read it!

Gravin, yes, it's the feminine term for Graf, a "germanic" word for Lord.

On page 3, you talk about "a successful two-automatic-challenge + average (2d) Observation check." I'm not sure what you mean there.

I looked at this encounter and thought rather than increase the incidence of a chaos star that it would be better just to make it a more difficult check by putting two strikes against the players before they even start.  Its something that you'll see used in Hero's Call.  It means that before they even roll, two Challenges already exist that have to be cancelled by Hammers..this is usually a good time for a gm to say, "you're going to need some assistance maneuvers from your party members."

One question I had was how to handle the recovery of fatigue, stress, and wounds over the course of the scenario. It is something I have a hard time as a GM knowing when to allow and what recovery mechanism to use so putting in a few more details about it or a pull box section like you do with some of the other mechanics would be nice.

I didn't put in any Acts, so a daily recovery would be proper.  I'll update a note about that in the text.  Thanks.

..jh

#32 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Here's the entry from No.12 titled, "Lost and Found."

Check it out.

#33 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Latecomer adventure entries are still welcome.   :)  Also, We'll have multiple hosting sites this year to make sure that we don't lose any data, but for now, just use the links to them in this thread.

Review and voting starts now.  ANYONE CAN VOTE.  Essentially this: Give us your feedback on the adventures and rank them.  If you want to note them publicly, use this thread.  If you want to private message me with your comments and ranks, that's great too.  I'll forward the comments.

Deadline for voting is November 21st.  

Jqay

#34 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I assume we who entered should not vote?

Rob of "Steward of Grauwerk" (further up in thread)

#35 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'll post them on the Daily Empire (tomorrow probably). I could add a poll there but maybe we should only count votes here? Or what?

• Emirikol likes this

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#36 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Yea, if you could just put up a poll, that would be great.  A one-stop for voting would be good.

jh

#37 brrak

brrak

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

I made them available from the Imperial Scriveners site. But it's just an alternate download location. I'll post a link over to the Daily Empire and the poll when it's uploaded.

Good job, guys. These are turning out to be really interesting to read through. I'm getting lots of ideas on how to run my current session.

[I did have a few issues with the format of Lost and Found -- I converted it to a pdf]

Edited by brrak, 06 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

• Emirikol likes this

#38 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I assume we who entered should not vote? 

Correct.  If we need a tie breaker, we'll just create 3 scribes and see which one wins a trial by combat.   ;)

380944-Mordheim,%20Scribe,%20Warhammer%2

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 01 November 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#39 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

The poll has been casted. Vote vote vote!

http://dailyempire.guildredemund.net/

• Emirikol likes this

#40 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just gave these three a cursory glance - very interesting stuff!  Congrats to the three who have entered! I will obviously honour my pledge (as modest as it is) for the winner.

With your permission Emirikol I would like to run "one hand gives" as a demo adventure at Gottacon here in Victoria - it seem to be a good one for it with both combat and social combat as well as being able to go lower powered (until the end!)...

• Emirikol likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS