Ok, then I am putting all of you to task:
- Outline or first rough submission by August 31st.
- Final deadline: October 31st
Here is the suggested way of doing things:
Assumptions: It is assumed that GMs running the scenario have access to the Core set and Adventurer’s Toolkit. References beyond those should be summarized in a sidebar where possible.
Preferred Scenario Content: Length should be 10+ pages or at least 5,000 words.
Formatting Recommendations: 11 or 12 point readable fonts, 2-column except for appendix, maps or handouts, and 1 inch margins maximum. Skill checks are most helpful to GMs if marked in bold. Read Aloud Text should be in italics and it is stressed that it paint a brief background to an encounter. Title page should also include your name(s), a brief blurb about the scenario, and legal disclaimer (see end).
Standard suggested layout:
· “How to use this scenario” section. Typically includes: Minimum character rank/advances suggestion, summary of components included, special references to products other than the Warhammer Fantasy Core Boxed Set, etc.
· Course of expected play (note this is not a requirement of the flow of the scenario, but it helps GMs plan and organize). It is oftentimes arranged in a step-by-step fashion. It is useful to indicate major clues that need to be discovered or things to be accomplished.
· Scenario Background. It is suggested that this be limited to relevant information leading up to when the PCs become involved. This sometimes includes a timeline.
· Act and Encounter organization of official scenarios is typical of most submissions, but not required if you feel your scenario would be better served by doing things a different way.
· Creature and NPC Stat Block format: Most creatures and non-player characters can simply be referenced by page for Tome of Adventure. Other creatures should be listed in a side-bar. They may be referenced by page as well, but not all GMs will have access to all products. A sample stat block formatting document is uploaded at RPGGeek.com.
Send me your submission(s) directly via these forums (Emirikol).
Somewhere in your submission (preferably at the bottom of your title page) should be the following disclaimer:
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay © Games Workshop Limited 1986, 2005. This edition © Games Workshop Limited 2009. Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, the foregoing marks’ respective logos and all associated marks, logos, places, names, creatures, races and race insignia/devices/logos/symbols, vehicles, locations, weapons, units and unit insignia, characters, products and illustrations from the Warhammer World and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game setting are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 1986-2009, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. This edition published under license to Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
What happens to the entries, both the winner and the other entries? Who won last year's contest? Is there a template that should be used for format of entries?
HERE ARE LAST YEARS ENTRIES AND WINNERS: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?showtopic=74348
Edited by Emirikol, 20 July 2013 - 05:24 PM.