Interest in Play-by-Post?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

As it turns out I think that I will need to bow out of this one I'm afraid.

#22 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Gimme a couple of days ;)

#23 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

No problems. 

And it seems like I MAY be able to join after all. I'll have to see but I'd like to renew my interest application.

#24 ramza82

ramza82

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

I would love to play if there is still room, I have no preferences and will fill any role the group needs. The only experience I have is with DH, so I may be a little green with this system but I have the DW core book so I can read up on the mechanics.

I live in Toronto, ON and my time zone is ETZ

#25 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

OK, I'll send you all PMs in a couple of days.

Tie xone doesn't matter, since it's done PbP, not real-time. Just whenever you happen to be online.

#26 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

I sent people PMs. If they don't work (knowing this screwy forum software), you can write me at chrisdoss@mail.ru

#27 ZeroMercy13

ZeroMercy13

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

If its still possible I would like to play this as well. I have All the books necessary saved to my computer and my preferred Chapter is Blood Angels while playing as an assault marine tho i can fill any other role if its needed. Im in the US Central time-zone.

Edited by ZeroMercy13, 18 July 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#28 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

If its still possible I would like to play this as well. I have All the books necessary saved to my computer and my preferred Chapter is Blood Angels while playing as an assault marine tho i can fill any other role if its needed. Im in the US Central time-zone.

I just sent you a PM; let me know if it works.

It's play-by-post, so time zone isn't relevant.

#29 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

I think one of my players has dropped out -- if this is so, would anybody like to take over the character (a BA AM)? The game has just started and the character hasn't had any development yet, so it it would be easy to get up to speed and put your own interpretation on him.

Come to think of it, since he basically hasn't done anything except charge with his jump pack once, you could make a whole new character as long as it's an assault marine.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 30 July 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#30 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Interested in having a starter Wolf Scout?  Already created and kitted out for a game on Roll20 which is fizzling out.  I can send you Character sheet, background and a cheat sheet I made with my modifiers and bonuses.

#31 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Interested in having a starter Wolf Scout?  Already created and kitted out for a game on Roll20 which is fizzling out.  I can send you Character sheet, background and a cheat sheet I made with my modifiers and bonuses.

Well it has to be an assault marine, because the actions the character has made in the game so far are jumping around  with a jump pack and hacking a couple of times with a chainsword.

#32 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Because of my Agility Bonus I max out the movement distances in the Table, but that's okay.  I'll pass.

#33 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's a bummer, because I would actually have prefered a wolf scout to an assault marine, but such is life.

#34 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Actually you know it might work. We could simply do a little timey-wimey stuff and say that the character ran rather than jumped and hit with his combat knife rather than a chainsword.

Exceot that lack of power armour would mean he would have taken a lot more damage. Hmmm.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 30 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#35 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Mk VI “Corvus” Pattern:  Auto Senses +15 Awareness, Enhanced Strength +20, 170kg; Wearer gains a +10 Bonus to Agility (pg 150 Rites of Battle)

Movement (Meters): (pg 27 Core Rule Book, Table 1-3) Half=10, Full= 20, Charge= 30, Run= 60

Death is Joy:  +2 Damage to Crit; increases Damage to Horde’s Magnitude +1 with any successful attack vs Horde

Wolf Pelt:  +2 to Intimidate (*1) Tests

*1 – Intimidate (pg 99 Core Rule Book): “…character may substitute Intelligence or Fellowship if the threat involves more subtle methods than brute force, such as blackmail or humiliation.  Intimidate test affects a number of targets equal to the character’s Strength, Intelligence, or Fellowship Bonus, depending on the characteristic used for the test.  Targets must be able to see and hear the character clearly…”

Again, I'll pass.

#36 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Oh OK when I think wolf scout, I think scout armor.

OK. Anybody else interested?

#37 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

DW offers Scouts the option of taking Astartes Power Armor or Scout Armor prior to deploying on mission, basically they have sets to choose from depending on the mission.  I rolled this up for the character I created.  Sorry, your inflexibility lends me to believe the game is too rigidly scripted.  Without some flexibility to adapt to die rolls, character actions and mission parameters....the odds are are stacked too high against the players, IMO.

#38 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Oh I see. The issue is that the game is already in progress, the character would be replacing a character that has already performed several (but not many) actions, and therefore a replacement would have to be capable of performing those actions in order to be inserted into the narrative (it would simply be  Brother Bob instead of Brother Ralph who had done this). One of those actions is using a jump pack; hence the AM requirement.

#39 Barbarossa

Barbarossa

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'd be interested. I haven't played in a PbP before but if times aren't an issue then I'd be keen. I can never get a real FtF going because Noone near me plays. Could i switch the DA AM to a Black Templar AM? Roll Tide!!!!

#40 TormDK

TormDK

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'd be interested. I haven't played in a PbP before but if times aren't an issue then I'd be keen. I can never get a real FtF going because Noone near me plays. Could i switch the DA AM to a Black Templar AM? Roll Tide!!!!

Bogi has a One marine per chapter rule in place, and the Black Templar is our Apoc currently :)

Our cast is currently:

Borther Tobias - Blood Angel assault marine (This character needed a replacement player)
Apothecary Siegfried - Black Templar
Tech-Marine Kadai - Salamander
Vanos Imperial Fists Devastator
Librarian Nemiel - Angels of Redemption

Brother Torm - Tactical Ultramarine.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS