Photo

Is there any reason to get multiple copies of the base set or Force packs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have been buying into the game even though I have not had a chance to play it yet (have one of the base set and each Force pack so far, and plan on buying at least one of each upcoming set indefinitely just to be safe). 

Most people near me play Netrunner, and I've be pretty busy with X-Wing and now Edge of the Empire.  But, I am interested in learning this game (which will be my first LCG) at some point, and I am wondering if there is a good reason to get more than one of the base set or Force packs (i.e., does it lead to better games, or will it make for more competitive decks in a tournament if I am ever able to go that route, etc.)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Edited by El_Tonio, 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM.

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#2 Zacky Midnight

Zacky Midnight

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

2 core sets are needed. Then one of each force pack and 2 of each deluxe expansion (ie edge of darkness)

• skatepharmacy likes this

#3 skatepharmacy

skatepharmacy

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I buy one more of each than is needed to play competitively. I have a copy of every objective set in a binder and use it for reference when building decks. Unless you are doing that than Zacky Midnight is correct. It's still unknown how many copies of the multiplayer set we will need.

#4 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Good to know... Thanks!

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

2 core sets are needed. Then one of each force pack and 2 of each deluxe expansion (ie edge of darkness)

Well, 2 of Edge of Darkness at least, we don't know if you'll need 1 or 2 of Balance of the Force.

#6 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

2 Core, 2 Edge of Darknes, 1 Balance of the Force as any other upgrades...

I personally have more of them because I want to use some pods in multible decks and don't want to rip decks apart in between, but that is a completely different thing...

The future is hard to see, allways moving, so it is much harder to see what deluxe expansions will reguire...

Because The Egge of the Darknes will bring the balance to the force, it may be possible that you only need one of each upcoming force packs including deluxe versions...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS