Not sure where to post Dev answers to questions, so I thought here was the best. It'll be great actually if someone created a thread especially for that, or compiled all answers into one huge document.
I asked recently the following to the Devs:
--And I got the following answer:
First of all, thank you for such an amazing game. I am a veteran of WFRP3 and I love how the dice system was adapted to the Star Wars universe.
My questions are:
1) Can personal combat maneuvers be doubled and stacked by a character during his turn? What about space combat maneuvers?
Can "guarded stance" be executed twice?
Can "evasive maneuvers" be executed twice?
2) Can "evasive maneuvers" and "stay on target" be executed by a Pilot during the same turn?
3) Are Co-pilot meant to be able to execute all the Pilot Only maneuvers?
For example, a Pilot executes fly/drive, then the Co-pilot executes fly/drive as well. The ship will however gets 2 strains.
In my games, I have ruled YES to all those questions as I prefer more options, but I am curious as how it was designed.
Thank you in advance
Hello Mr. _____,
Thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate it. I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
Now, on to your questions:
1. Yes, in some cases personal and space combat maneuvers can be "stacked." There are, of course, certain limitations (PCs must obtain the additional maneuver by suffering strain or downgrading their action, and starships must be below a certain silhouette and must suffer system strain). Also, it depends on the maneuver. However, in the cases you list, both can be stacked.
2. Yes, although that's quite tricky flying! In practice, performing both maneuvers basically keeps the odds of success or failure roughly the same (within a few percentage points of original odds of success, discounting other factors), while heightening the chance for a Triumph or Despair.
3. No. Pilot Only means that the person flying the ship is the only one who can do it. That's not the co-pilot (if he was flying, he'd be the pilot, after all).
Hope that helps!
Senior RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
The information contained in this electronic message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Edited by Ceodryn, 08 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.