• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Doc, I love the sheets, but the perfectionist in me noted that Assassin is misspelled as soon as I opened the thing.

Thanks HappyDaze. I have made that correction and a few others. Both files are updated.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#42 Bobus X

Bobus X

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Great Sheets!  I am one of those "fool's soon parted," that is probably gonna buy the PoD Cards, but this will work perfectly in the meantime.  Especially thank you for the Printer Friendly version, had a decent amount of trouble finding good Printer Friendly character sheets.

#43 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hey Doc, is there any chance you could add the career skills from the base career to these as well as the specialization's bonus career skills?

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#44 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hey Doc, is there any chance you could add the career skills from the base career to these as well as the specialization's bonus career skills?

I wasn't planning on it. Originally I decided against it because it was just added clutter for something you only need once when you make your character.

Now, with Age of Rebellion out, I'm considering having them list all the careers a spec is part of. With that being the case, I think I'm leaving them off.

• diversionArchitect and FreeXenon like this

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#45 diversionArchitect

diversionArchitect

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I wasn't planning on it. Originally I decided against it because it was just added clutter for something you only need once when you make your character.

Now, with Age of Rebellion out, I'm considering having them list all the careers a spec is part of. With that being the case, I think I'm leaving them off.

I'd second that- you could just make a single character creation sheet with all career skills for all the careers (and list its specializations.

also-

I love the content you guys are all making! It's all awesomely professional looking!

#46 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Doc, if you are taking votes for your next revision, I'd personally leave the Career off the talent lists.  Makes it easier just to add new specilizations into the document if you don't have to constantly rewrite and edit the previous.  Also, for those making conversions, you can keep the specialty and make your own career mixing and matching the talent trees. 

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of EU.

#47 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Fair enough.  Though as diversionArchitect suggested, simply adding a "front page" with the skill lists for the base career instead of attached to each individual specialization would work as well, and be easy to update as more careers are introduced.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#48 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Anyone done this for the AoR specs? I'm not anywhere near my beta book and wanted to check them out.

• willmanx likes this

#49 JasonRR

JasonRR

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Anyone done this for the AoR specs? I'm not anywhere near my beta book and wanted to check them out.

There is sample content (no rules text) for all of the AoR specs in my builder (see sig). You can easily search for them in the content section by using the search term "AoR"

#50 Werlynn

Werlynn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hey Doc,

Do you have any plans to make updates to your talent trees to add the new specializations for Hired Guns and Explorers? I love your talent trees you created for the Edge of the Empire book. They're fantastic and I'd love to see more.

To everyone: I apologize for the thread necromancy.

#51 sonovabith

sonovabith

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

Check them again on his Web page. He's already updated them to include the new specializations and signature abilities.

• Doc, the Weasel and Thaliak like this

#52 Werlynn

Werlynn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

Oh. I opened a link from this thread and didn't see them. I apologize for raising this from the dead for nothing.
  • kaosoe likes this

#53 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

... I ..... live!

The current ones can be found in the link in my signature.

The next update will probably be when Age of Rebellion is out.

Edited by Doc, the Weasel, 14 April 2014 - 10:22 AM.

• That Blasted Samophlange, FuriousGuy, strongarm85 and 1 other like this

#54 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

Great Work as always Doc!

#55 paladin2019

paladin2019

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Awesome work, thanks.

FYI, on the Force Exile sheet, the boosts for Uncanny Reactions shows up as a "b" instead of a blue box.

#56 Neanie

Neanie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:59 AM

Gribble, I have a question about your reference sheets. For the smuggler, both the thief and scoundrel seem to have a mismatch in their bonus career skills with the core rulebook. Namely thief having computers in the book and knowledge underworld in your chart and scoundrel having deception in the book and brawl in your list.

Where is this coming from? I cannot find it in the erata's, is this a copy paste error on your side?

#57 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

IIRC, those were the skills assigned in the Beta. They were since changed to what you see in the book.
  • Neanie likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#58 Seanboy21

Seanboy21

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

I found this... http://beggingforxp....-talent-sheets/

• Jamwes likes this

#59 Jamwes

Jamwes

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Those sheets don't currently have AoR material, but IIRC, he's planning on updating the sheets once AoR CRB is released.

Edited by Jamwes, 21 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#60 Neanie

Neanie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

IIRC, those were the skills assigned in the Beta. They were since changed to what you see in the book.

Hmm, that is a shame that they are outdated, I like those compact sheets. Could use a warning in the compiled resource list though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS