https://www.dropbox....alent Trees.pdf

The link's not working for me. :(

#22 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

No offense to the rest of the trees, but I must say Doc these are beautifully elegant.

Thank you.

• Doughnut likes this

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#23 Farsox

Farsox

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'll go ahead and throw mine into the ring:

I have been seriously distracted from finishing my talent trees.  Seeing these, I would be ready to stop working on them completely. 

There is one simple change that I think would be helpful, and that is a grayscale friendly version.  On my black and white printer, the red and blue are too similar to discern which talents are active and which are passive.  If you had a version of this with black for active talents and a lighter gray for passive talents, that would be amazing.

• OB-1 likes this

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Specialization Trees

#24 Valdier

Valdier

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

This is the map I am using... printed it at Office Max as 20x16" posters and had them laminated for $40

http://wrvh.home.xs4all.nl/galaxymap/

As far as I am aware, it is the most useable Star Wars Galaxy map.

#25 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

No offense to the rest of the trees, but I must say Doc these are beautifully elegant.

Agreed these look great. Thanks for sharing.
  • Doughnut likes this

#26 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

There is one simple change that I think would be helpful, and that is a grayscale friendly version.  On my black and white printer, the red and blue are too similar to discern which talents are active and which are passive.  If you had a version of this with black for active talents and a lighter gray for passive talents, that would be amazing.

I'll look into that.

• OB-1 likes this

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#27 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Doc, those look really slick. ;)

#28 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Stylewise, these are by far the best looking version I've seen.

Nice work.

• willmanx, OB-1 and DylanRPG like this

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#29 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

I have been seriously distracted from finishing my talent trees. Seeing these, I would be ready to stop working on them completely.

There is one simple change that I think would be helpful, and that is a grayscale friendly version. On my black and white printer, the red and blue are too similar to discern which talents are active and which are passive. If you had a version of this with black for active talents and a lighter gray for passive talents, that would be amazing.
Nooo! Yours are my favorite. I love that you put the page numbers on them.

Edited by Venthrac, 03 August 2013 - 08:34 AM.

• Farsox likes this

#30 gwek

gwek

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have been seriously distracted from finishing my talent trees. Seeing these, I would be ready to stop working on them completely.

There is one simple change that I think would be helpful, and that is a grayscale friendly version. On my black and white printer, the red and blue are too similar to discern which talents are active and which are passive. If you had a version of this with black for active talents and a lighter gray for passive talents, that would be amazing.

+1 to this! No offense to any of the other folks who've done sheets, but for my money, Doc's are awesome, but Farsox's? A slight edge over awesome!

Again, no disrespect to anyone who's been doing these. Different strokes for different folks. I think it's great to see all the different versions.

BTW, has anyone thought about putting together a template for a "make your own spec" worksheet?

Edited by gwek, 03 August 2013 - 01:11 PM.

• Farsox likes this

#31 thorn-124

thorn-124

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

I like the talent tree sheets that are posted here

#32 Farsox

Farsox

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

+1 to this! No offense to any of the other folks who've done sheets, but for my money, Doc's are awesome, but Farsox's? A slight edge over awesome!

Again, no disrespect to anyone who's been doing these. Different strokes for different folks. I think it's great to see all the different versions.

BTW, has anyone thought about putting together a template for a "make your own spec" worksheet?

No worries.  If you guys like them, then I will finish them.

• Doc, the Weasel likes this

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Specialization Trees

#33 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Indeed. The more work that is out there, the richer this community is.

• willmanx likes this

#34 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

Those are excellent, Doc!

#35 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Yes, many of these are fantastic, i certainly don't mean to disparage anyone's work. Just stating a personal preference.

#36 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'll look into that.

Here is the black and white version for any interested: https://www.dropbox....entTrees-BW.pdf

• Callidon, willmanx, EldritchFire and 2 others like this

#37 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Doc.. thank you firstly for the awesome work, secondly for the printer friendly versions!
  • Keeop likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of EU.

#38 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have a stupid question...not having the core rulebook yet....are all the talent trees listed there as well?

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#39 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have a stupid question...not having the core rulebook yet....are all the talent trees listed there as well?

yes.

#40 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'll look into that.

Here is the black and white version for any interested: https://www.dropbox....entTrees-BW.pdf

Doc, I love the sheets, but the perfectionist in me noted that Assassin is misspelled as soon as I opened the thing.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS