Natural Pilot and Natural Marksman talents

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

(For reference, both talents are on page 139 of the CR.)

So I read the chapter on Talents last night, and was a bit surprised at the choice to include Gunnery in the Natural Pilot talent and not the Natural Marksman talent. To my mind, accuracy with ranged attacks and maneuvering a vehicle are two different skill sets, and I'm contemplating house-ruling the Gunnery skill into the list of stuff that Natural Marksman lets you re-roll.

I was equally surprised that Pilot (Planetary) was not included in Natural Pilot. As the second half of the house rule I mentioned above, I think it would be appropriate to replace Gunnery in Natural Pilot with Pilot (Planetary).

Does that sound crazy? What do you guys think of the choice of skills that these talents allow rerolls on?

#2 Colyer

Colyer

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Gunnery is a skill that can make or break a combat pilot. If you have an X-Wing pilot who can fly circles around anyone, but can't make a shot on a TIE to save his life, he's not a good pilot, is he?

But with that said, not all natural pilots are combat pilots. So imaging a freighter pilot who can't shoot from his cockpit is a little easier.

I think my problem with your suggestion more than the above is that Gunnery I'd a very different skill than the other weapon types, and I don't think I'd want them grouped together in the Marksman talent.

And lastly, putting Pilot (planetary) in there, I can agree with wholeheartedly. I personally don't see much need in two piloting skills (though I understand the difference).
  • Crimson_red likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS