PC titles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TapTwo

TapTwo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

why not bring many of these LCG games especially Starwars LCG to PC in an online or singleplayer format. Kind of like MTG online or Magic 2014 that would be fun

#2 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

I guess it's because that would mean striking a new deal with the right holders, not to mention if the rights holders are willing such things to happen.

• Internutt likes this

#3 wrrlykam

wrrlykam

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

The digital rights would be a seperate deal. It'd be a bind to work out a new bolt on

Mind you SOE had online editions of a Star Wars CCG (Star Wars Galaxies TCG) but not a real world card edition, shame as I quite enjoyed that card game. Decipher never produced an online version of their game but did one of their Star Trek ccg so was that licence issues or couldn't be bothered.

#4 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

EA own the digital game rights for Star Wars at the moment, so FFG won't be able to get that. They're not even able to do PDF's of the EotE RPG due to it being considered a digital game downoad instead of an ebook.

An electronic Netrunner would be amazing, but it would have to be done fairly carefully. A game could include:

1 vs 1 online

(local play would be impossible due to the secrecy requirement of the corporation's hand).

Story mode: 1 vs Computer

(Though, due to the bluffing nature of the game, PCs may be unable to program decent enough AI to enable this) A story mode where you choose your runner and be given a selection of cards, like a core set deck with the ability to unlock new cards as you progress could be interesting.)

Puzzles: A corp side set up, you have 4 or less clicks to find an agenda otherwise they might win next turn

(Magic on the xbox also has a similar mode of play)

DLC: Would players be comfortable with Cycles being released digitally and for how much?

Duels of the Planeswalkers has a list of multiple decks, do you do the same for Netrunner or simply let players construct their decks from scratch?

With so much to consider, without getting in to cost of development and the license to do such a thing, I'd say it would be a fairly complicated game to bring to Xbox Live. OCTGN sort of works, but the game loses its elegance and ingenuity when you are no longer face to face with your opponent using the physical cards. 

#5 ThatVerumGuy

ThatVerumGuy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

As someone who lives in the middle of no-where with a PC and internet connection, something like this would make me very happy.

Games I play: Magic (Blue Black), Skyrim, Beta Tested Heroes- The Battle Party Card Game

#6 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have no problem running the rules myself when we play face to face games, so I really don't need an online client to do that for me either.  Just give me a useful way to get matches, an up to date card library, and a decent UI and I'm happy.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS