Deadly Accuracy and "One Hit?"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HooblaDGN

HooblaDGN

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Does this mean that I only apply the bonus to one hit ever throughout the course of the game, or once per combat, or something else?

#2 Rikoshi

Rikoshi

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Does this mean that I only apply the bonus to one hit ever throughout the course of the game, or once per combat, or something else?

Certain abilities (the Linked and Auto-Fire qualities, as well as two-weapon fighting) allow you to get multiple hits with a single attack roll; Deadly Accuracy's caveat just means that you only apply it to one of those hits, in this case.

#3 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

It still seems broken. Looking at my my friend's Wookie. Just into the third adventure he has melee 2 and Brawn 4 dealing sizeable damage on Rivals and Nemeses. 

Well He'll have to spent loads of XP to reach DA (I think he said 95) but given that he then can easily dedicate on Brawn and might have picked up some ranks in melee along the way, he will deal Brawn (5) + 3 + Rank 4 (perhaps) + successes = 13 Damage on a hit (piercing 2) enough to down two minions in one attack.

Well on the other hand he won't be good for anything else for a long time as XP will drain into that project for quite some time...

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Rune Age - Letters from Whitechapel - Cadwallon - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#4 syrath

syrath

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Look at the mercenarys improved field commander abilty thats earlier on the talent tree, assuming a 3 presence and 4 leadership, You can grant on a succesful average check everyone an extra maneuver(beyond the 2 limit max even) at the cost of 1 strain per person. On a triumph they get an extra action. They can do this every round. Thats a greater damage and/or advantage  potential, just imagine everyone getting 3 maneuvers in and an extra attack also every now and then. The higher rank talents can be quite powerful, the characters are heroes after all.

Edited by syrath, 24 August 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put one into a fruit salad

#5 syrath

syrath

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

Also the nemesis characters you make up can have the same talents remember.

Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put one into a fruit salad

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS