Amon Din

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 JonofPDX

JonofPDX

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

played this first time today and loved it! great quest that is around the right difficulty for me, its also very thematic. . ....also it threw quite a few nasty combos....listen to this... shadow cards...i got the orc arsonist, the scourge of mordor, and the other one that gives shadow cards per player...i ended up with 9 shadow cards in the end!!! (it was well shuffled)rich

Ouch! Lady luck was not on your side ;)

Seriously though, I think it's a very solid quest. And I think we NEEDED a few easier quests at this point in the game as a new player coming in now isn't going to necessarily start in Shadows of Mirkwood. Even if they WANTED to go back and play them in order it's almost impossible to find some of the Mirkwood cycle at this point, and even when they reprint that would be a HUGE cost. After all, a new MTG player doesn't buy every card from all the previous cycles when they get into the game--it's not practical and we are approaching that point with this game.

#22 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

And what did you think of DF? btw wasn't the story awesome?

no idea! still havnt got it! i have it on pre order but managed to get amon din from a friend. i was trying really hard not to play it but in the end i gave up and just played it for the game and tried not to look at the spoiler text. ..so at the moment amon din is just a random encounter with orcs, and not part of the cycle narrative...another annoying thing about the pack problems in the uk....but if its half as good as this then it will be great, amon din has gone straight to my top 5

@jonofpdx - i know! and i agree with you, i was one of the players asking for this level of quests and im happy we got it

Edited by richsabre, 22 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#23 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

Does anyone now about when assault on Osgiliath will be releashed ? 

Is there any clue about its hero ? 

Edited by Nickpes, 25 July 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#24 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

I like this quest. It's perhaps a bit to easy in solo mode, but like others said, the mechanics are cool. I only wished there would be more dead villagers (and doesn't that sound creepy...). Perhaps I will give it a try in a twohanded game or I simply remove Alcaron ("have a beer with Aragorn, we will handle this in the meantime") from the game. This is a good quest btw to try out a Hobbit deck.

Edited by leptokurt, 25 July 2013 - 02:04 AM.

• richsabre likes this

#25 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Got it in my shop today. Will go to pick up and try ...

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#26 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Play it with friends Glaurung, it will be too easy solo

#27 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Im not doubt about it..... easy

Actually after HON and NM is boring to get quests like this.
We need NM straight away in every AP. Im pretty sure mechanic is cool but should be challenge too right? We need NM straight away in every new box

#28 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

played this first time today and loved it! great quest that is around the right difficulty for me, its also very thematic.

. ....also it threw quite a few nasty combos....listen to this...

shadow cards...i got the orc arsonist, the scourge of mordor, and the other one that gives shadow cards per player...i ended up with 9 shadow cards in the end!!! (it was well shuffled)

rich

Congratulations, Rich, on finally getting your APs!

• richsabre likes this

#29 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

played this first time today and loved it! great quest that is around the right difficulty for me, its also very thematic.

. ....also it threw quite a few nasty combos....listen to this...

shadow cards...i got the orc arsonist, the scourge of mordor, and the other one that gives shadow cards per player...i ended up with 9 shadow cards in the end!!! (it was well shuffled)

rich

Congratulations, Rich, on finally getting your APs!

thanks!

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#30 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

it's still easy in multiplayer, as well.

#31 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

it's still easy in multiplayer, as well.

Than that officially makes this expansion not something I would like to buy since I don't really want another easy quest right now since pretty much every single quest up to date is easy. (Thank goodness FFG is solving this problem with Nightmare mode. And I'm sure that even Nightmare mode might not be too hard when we get tons of new cards.)

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#32 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

I tried some modifications for Amon Din today. Worked out pretty well, as I lost both games. [Ok, the first was due to running out of threat, as I got that card that raises your threat by one point for each token on "dead villagers" (nine in my case) and it surged the other treachery with "doomed 2". It was the last turn and I had only three progress left to win the game, and quested with 15 WP. My threat evel was 39.]

The first modification, obviously, is to discard Lord Alcaron.

The second modification is to discard all HoN encounter cards and to play the game only with the Amon Din set. The game gets thus also more thematic, as there are no villains who try to kill you while you're saving their families. Locations loose ther victory points and get discarded to the discard pile.

If that's still to easy you might add a third modification: "All locations are immune to player card effects."

Edited by leptokurt, 26 July 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#33 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Jut got i play couple of times with my Tactic/Spirit deck bulid up only with core and both Hobbits expansion include a heroes.

Sure i remove Lord Alcaron but still is very easy solo........Maybe in Multy player is more difficult but im doubt about it. 

We already play this game for years and they feed us some appetiser!??? Command FFG give us some cool quests!!! and give us a NM straight away from the box!

#34 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I just want to add this, selling Nightmare after a year or so can make sense for the early quests but I totally agree with the above. For future, adding a Nightmare mode should be as easy as adding the Easy mode - straight from the box, you just make a different coloured ring over some card numbers. I don't mind buying every product they create, but buying the quests twice does annoy me.

• Glaurung likes this

#35 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

I just want to add this, selling Nightmare after a year or so can make sense for the early quests but I totally agree with the above. For future, adding a Nightmare mode should be as easy as adding the Easy mode - straight from the box, you just make a different coloured ring over some card numbers. I don't mind buying every product they create, but buying the quests twice does annoy me.

You know im big fan of Tolkien and also fan of the card game. I dont mind pay twice. But i hate when in my favorite game i can easy win every thing and my favoriite evil charachters looks like a babies. Wait for 1 year or some? not funny at all. I play MeCCG Decipher LOTR ccg as well. So im veteran of the Lotr card game. I love art in this game. I love idea of this game too. But now this game is get boring. too easy. I never though before i can say this about Lotr card game.

yes in competive format better you play better opponent you get. So this always exiting. But here is looks like im reach the top.

No any my friends wonna play this game. Most of the them play Android. and they right. Android is really cool!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS