Would you consider Mask monsters spawn?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

It came up during the last gaming session. The shadowy figure appeared and one of the players drew the following encounter: "Walking along the river at night, you bump into a man smoking a stoagie and wearing a trenchcoat. "You look like a person with problems. It just so happens that my business is making problems go away." You may pay $6 to automatically defeat any 1 non-Spawn monster on the board."

This allowed him to remove that clue-eating monster quite easily. I allowed it, assuming we just got lucky and the masks do not have the red marking spawn monsters do. What's your oppinion on this one?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

He got lucky. Masks are not Spawns.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Aye, Masks, sadly, are not Spawn monsters. Nonetheless, I play them as if they were (it has a more interesting strategic implication for me. Otherwise is kinda easy getting rid of them just by closing gates)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Kinda makes me wonder what the guy did to get rid of 'The Shadowy Figure'. Spawn or not, he IS an aspect of Nyarly-poo.

Edited by Dr.Faust, 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#5 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

A guy in a trench coat. Must have been an angel of the Lord! And he needed the money for pie. 

#6 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

Kinda makes me wonder what the guy did to get rid of 'The Shadowy Figure'. Spawn or not, he IS an aspect of Nyarly-poo.

He could be an investigator from another game :P

#7 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

A guy in a trench coat. Must have been an angel of the Lord! And he needed the money for pie. 

Oh Castiel! Is there nothing you won't do for pie!

That actually makes me wonder even further now about criss-crossing investigations....Maybe I'll try and make a scenario about it.

#8 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

Oh Castiel! Is there nothing you won't do for pie!

That actually makes me wonder even further now about criss-crossing investigations....Maybe I'll try and make a scenario about it.

You could try something about the lines of the Miskatonic University investigating the town of Dunwich, the Federals (or sailors or whatever) investigating Innsmouth and the...strange people (writers, dreamers etc) the city of Kingsport. On separate boards, with maybe 1-2 players/investigators per board, with special rules and objectives of course. Then their successes or failures would have repercussions on the main board, where yet other players/investigators are trying to prevent the rise of the Ancient One. You could have maybe up to 2+2+2+3 players playing at once :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS