Terror Level Tumble?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Maybe it's my luck--maybe it's me doing something wrong but whenever I play, I've never seemed to have an issue with the Terror Level. I've never seen it rise above 3. Knock on wood but it seems I'm doing everything right too--killing monsters, so no Terror level there. I've never used Charlie Kane in a single game, so it's not like I've kept it from going up either.

Now, it's not like I /want/ it to go up or anything but I have to wonder if anyone else has noticed this or if this is a regular thing?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Sometimes the terror level can be really active, and your chances increase with DH, KiY, or IH expansions.

#3 Haen

Haen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

I've played about 4 games of Arkham Horror (Base Game) so far.  The terror track had only risen above level 3 in one game (game we played last night in which we got creamed by repeated monster surges).  Besides that it had little effect on my games.  This just seem so to be how it is with the base game. Like Tibs wrote there are expansions that make more use of the terror track but besides that it should just be a minor annoyance.

#4 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ah, good to hear that. I was worried I was missing something. I don't use the extra boards often--I kinda get intimidated by them! ^^;

#5 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

The last game I played, with Dunwich expansion board only, the terror level rose to 5 in a few rounds and crippled 2 of my investigators through failing their personal stories (curse has to be the nastiest, most debilitating game effect, ever). But yeah, usually it's quite stable. Just guard the vortexes!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS