Corebook Review

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 A1istor

A1istor

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I have been patiently waiting for my book to come in. As time goes by I normally look for reviews and unboxings for what I purchase. So far nothing has popped up on youtube or anywhere. I am asking for someone on here to be kind enough if you received your book please to a review and unboxing or something please!

#2 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

A lot of folks here are still waiting for their copies, but I'm sure someone will be able to oblige you very soon.

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#3 Fonjo

Fonjo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I know this is not much, but it'll give you some idea.

The rules are basically the same as the last update in the beta.  I think I have seen one or two minor changes.

The book is huge, hardbound and gorgeous.  It's full color and high quality with lots of art.

The races are a bit more filled out, especially droids.  All of the careers have some examples and hooks for possible PC types.

Overall there is a lot more fluff.  Information on planets, races, enemies are all scattered here and there.

There are some handy examples of play that are a bit overdone but get the point across.

I've not handled the book overmuch but the quality of the binding seems pretty good, especially compared to D&D 3rd edition books, but time will tell on that front.

I know it is not much and I have not really delved too deep but so far I am very happy with the production value of the core book.

• BrashFink and A1istor like this

#4 A1istor

A1istor

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. My patience is running low so any tidbit helps.

Edited by A1istor, 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

In the equipment section, do they have additional kinds of weapons/armor/mods? 

FFG Star Wars RPG Content - Periodic Updates.  Species, items, and more:  https://www.dropbox....3x57/qXerqp6BHq

FFG Star Wars Mass Effect Conversion - In Progress:   https://www.dropbox....woxz/xr0nnETGK4

#6 Fonjo

Fonjo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Eh, I don't have the book handy but I think the weapons were the same but there might have been a few more mods, or at least a clearer description of what was there before.

#7 lupex

lupex

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

They have a review over on the GSA website that is worth a read.

#8 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

As lupex says, here's a link to the GSA review.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#9 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Looks quite promising, i also thought the art was quite well done when i watched the "Starting Transmission" news.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#10 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, I imagine someone (maybe even me) will be doing a more in-depth review of the EotE corebook.

Just give us a few days to fully digest the material.  It is a rather hefty tome after all.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#11 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, I imagine someone (maybe even me) will be doing a more in-depth review of the EotE corebook.

Just give us a few days to fully digest the material.  It is a rather hefty tome after all.

I'll enjoy reading you review, Donovan, as both of us has been involved since beta.

#12 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'll enjoy reading you review, Donovan, as both of us has been involved since beta.

Glad you've enjoyed my rambling looks at the Beginner Box and Shadows of a Black Sun :)

With the way work has been going, I don't know if I'll have the time or energy to get a review done of this book.  But if nobody else is willing to step up on behalf of the GSA, I just might have to.

#13 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Glad you've enjoyed my rambling looks at the Beginner Box and Shadows of a Black Sun :)

With the way work has been going, I don't know if I'll have the time or energy to get a review done of this book.  But if nobody else is willing to step up on behalf of the GSA, I just might have to.

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Review complete. My work here is done.

:)

#14 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Ha!  If only it were that easy. :lol:

#15 Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Phht...  That's not a review.  Everyone knows that you have to attach a usually meaningless numerical score to the end for it to be a review.  Symbolic representation(stars, prehensile tails, etc) is also acceptable.

Example:

I believe that the Star Wars:  Edge of the Empire RPG Core Rulebook is the best book I've ever waited on an online retailer to ship a preorder post-release date for.  I haven't read a single page of it, but I paid money for it, and that's good enough for me.

36 Wookie Bums Up.

Edited by Scars Unseen, 05 July 2013 - 08:22 PM.

• ynnen, Fabs, Mark It Zero and 2 others like this

#16 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

LOL @ Scars. So true.

Then, after that, you have to submit it to Metacritic :)

#17 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wookie Bums. Nice. :)
"Over the line!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS