any recomendations.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ghettochild21

Ghettochild21

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

I just started playing, I'm a High Elf bounty hunter. Thinking of changing careers. Any recommendations?

• Mexorlon likes this

#2 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Play a dwarf?

Seriously, there are a few options, you could move into witch hunter, marksman or scout would probably all be good options.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I just started playing, I'm a High Elf bounty hunter. Thinking of changing careers. Any recommendations?

What campaign are you playing?  Is it combat-heavy, NPC-socializing, or investigative stuff?  

#4 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Depends upon your character's background honestly. I find the best and most fun to play PCs are the ones that have colorful backgrounds that inform their careers. I mean, careers aren't really "classes" in the traditional D&D sense, they're truly jobs that hopefully earn the PC money or useful skills. 

That being said, if your High Elf is bounty hunting for some High Elf house or law enforcement agency, then I'd head towards something related, perhaps he's promoted by his superiors to a military position, so Soldier or Captain would work. If he's freelance however, and is some kinda blacksheep that rejects his societies rules and travels around on his own, well you could be just about anything....maybe a Vampire Hunter?

#5 timekilling

timekilling

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Here are the 3E High Elf Careers: http://brokentome.co...x?Race=High Elf

My first character was human Hunter -> Scout -> Assassin. With a High Elf you can try: Bounty Hunter -> Scout -> Marksman if you're going the Legolas route

Edited by timekilling, 13 July 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Ambivalent Badger

Ambivalent Badger

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

It depends on the needs of the party, of course. To the ones already mentioned I'd add Mercenary (if you want/need a balanced fighter and improve Guile and Ride) and Duellist (to make you even deadlier against your chosen target).

Edited by Ambivalent Badger, 14 July 2013 - 03:05 PM.

I have developed a tool for developing character personalities through random table selection. Please check it out

I've also made a similar tool for plot creation and development, which you can find here.

#7 ozean

ozean

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Another possible exit (story-wise) for bounty hunter would be agent, at least as long as your delivering on your jobs has not exclusively been based on violence. A bit of diplomacy and cunning would qualify you then to also do other, perhaps more intricate jobs. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS