• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Courchevel

Courchevel

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hello everyone,

I am playing the game since around 6 months, and I came to wonder about ruling on A Good Harvest.

Let's assume that you have only Lore Heros, 6 ressources all together, and in hand A Good Harvest and Beorn (ally).

Can I play Beorn using A Good harvest ?

Courchevel

#2 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Yes you can. If you name Tactics you can play any Tactics card 

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#3 Courchevel

Courchevel

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for answering, however I, then, have more wonderings.

Ok, then you would say that you could play as well, for instance keeping count with a good harvest. However, keeping count as a 0 cost card need to have a match with an hero ressource icon, and a good harvest does not grant you the icon ressource match as it only stipulates that you could pay with other spheres ressources.

Finally, what is the ruling :
1/ you can play Beorn, but you cannot play keeping count with A Good Harvest
2/ you can play both with a good harvest and no issue with the 0 cost rules (icon ressource match)
3/ You cannot play either card as you need a ressource icon match even for Beorn

My feelings would go to solution 3/ as the card purpose, for me, sounds more orientated to improve 2-3 colors deck playability than providing extra color for a specific card need.

#4 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Good Harvest has

Name a sphere. Until the end of the phase, you can spend resources of any sphere when paying for cards that belong to the named sphere.

That means that you can name a resource Icon (Tactics) and pay for Beorn (100%)

Keeping Count ... you need a resource match cause it is a 0 cost card and from what I read using Good Harvest needs you to pay ... but I might be wrong. I would wait for someone more experienced to answer for this 

So for Beorn I'm sure you can play him, for keeping count I cannot garantee anything

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#5 richsabre

richsabre

the REAL Gandalf.....

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

that is a good question...but in some cases no resources are still classed as resources (we have not been idle i think shows this)

so can you perhaps play good harvest, then be able to spend 0 tactics to get it? not so sure....perhaps

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Good Harvest has

Name a sphere. Until the end of the phase, you can spend resources of any sphere when paying for cards that belong to the named sphere.

That means that you can name a resource Icon (Tactics) and pay for Beorn (100%)

Keeping Count ... you need a resource match cause it is a 0 cost card and from what I read using Good Harvest needs you to pay ... but I might be wrong. I would wait for someone more experienced to answer for this 

So for Beorn I'm sure you can play him, for keeping count I cannot garantee anything

Yes sure you cannot get much since you dont have a hero with printed Tactic icon in play. Good harvest just give you  a way to use any recources like they have all color.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#7 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'd say you can play Keeping Count via Good Harvest even though you're not paying any resources.  Good Harvest just breaks the need for a resource match.

• richsabre likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS