Photo

What Star Wars minis do you think you'll use most in EotE?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

I was an avid collector and player of the WOTC minis game (I have at least one of every one, and over 1700 minis total).  With the release of EotE, I am excited to have another use for them.  I've actually been trading for a few that weren't very good in original minis game, but that seem like they will very useful in EotE (both for PCs and NPCs).

Anyone else using the WOTC minis with EOTE? 

For PCs, I think there are many that will work well for EotE races and classes (many of these will also work for NPCs).  And, there are tons of other possibilities for opponents/NPCs. 

What ones do you think will get the most use (besides Stormtroopers :))?

• kaelith likes this

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#2 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

All those fringe thugs that weren't of much use in the minis game. It'll be nice to just reach out and grab a handful of Weequays and Gran or whatever, and throw 'em on the table (coming from an old school WEG minis painter)!

#3 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Prepare to feel their wrath

gnk.jpggnk.jpggnk.jpg

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#4 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Single most common? Stormtroopers probably.
"Over the line!"

#5 bsmith23

bsmith23

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hutts and their lackeys.

#6 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

my 74 stormtroopers =D
and some others,

im really sad that i sold most of the rares then,and now i miss then ><

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#7 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I have a couple of the old Grenider lead mini box sets from the orginal WEG D6 Star wars RPG days, I'll be using those. 

No school like old school. 

#8 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

I imagine my "fringe" and "stormtrooper" drawers will see the most use, closely followed by my "odd aliens & creatures" drawer.

:)

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#9 Nashable

Nashable

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Anywhere still selling SW minis?

Member of the Brick Vader fan-club (NSFW)
Author of the award winning Ship Repair for GMs (Detailed | Simple)

#10 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I wish I had some spare money.  I'd go on an ebay binge for SW minis.  I have a fair number, though, and I can dig into my D&D minis if need be.

The first campaign idea I had is to rewrite the prequel trilogy.  So, I'd need lots of clones and droids.  But, I can use my STs as clones if I need to.

#11 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

I plan to use as many of them as I can manage.  Especially since I spent the time and money to ensure I have the full collection (baring a few ships from WotC's failed starships game that I've pretty much given up on acquiring at this point).  The game may not require them, but I've come to find having them adds to the fun in many instances.  That and it's a further excuse to break out those sweet Christopher West maps that I've acquired through support of his many Kickstarter projects.

Hopefully I can convince my face-to-face gaming group to give EotE a proper try, as prior experiences have left some of them cold, though that may have been due more to the adventures used; majority of them are old school Star Wars fans and so were less enthused by the "Star Wars as told by Guy Ritchie" angle that a decent chunk of the official adventures have to them.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there's one mini I'd love to use in an EotE game...

atat.jpg

That or this charming fellow:

132462.jpg

Edited by Donovan Morningfire, 04 July 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#12 Rich J

Rich J

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

I have a big collection I used/use for gaming but now REALLY wish I had bought more of the 'fringe' expansions - at the time didn't think I would use them much - but hey; the players' faces the day I plonk my 63 stormtroopers on the RPG map will be be a sight to behold.

A bad session of gaming is still better than a good day at work!

My Star Wars and general life blog for anyone bored enough:

http://zephyrcorpdreadball.weebly.com/

#13 troy70

troy70

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

I plan to use my WOTC mins. Have small collection.

#14 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

Looks like Cool Stuff inc .com has some but mostly singles and very few boosters.

#15 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

lets keep the hope that FFG will bring us some new miniature game in the future and expand our colections.

but with the way they design the narrative combat system make this a little distant future.

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#16 bandersnee

bandersnee

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

A few places.  Coolstuffinc has a good stash, and Augie's mini's has always been fair with the pricing.  I haven't bought too many of them in the last two years, but I've snagged one or two that I wanted for RPG purposes.  It's been about five years since I've seriously played the minis game, other than a skirmish or two with a friend.  But I've used them all the time for RPG purposes. 

#17 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

I would like to see some more cardboard tokens, as much as I would love to, I am too cheap to stock up on the WotC minis.

I also might make my own. I would scan the beginner game tokens, print more on regular cardstock, and glue them to 1 inch wooden discs made from sawing up wooden rods from a craft store.
"Over the line!"

#18 bobfrankly

bobfrankly

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

I used to frequent bloomilk.com in the heydey of my mini's addiction. They have a complete inventory of mini's, and most, if not all have pictures. Thier forums have a trading section: http://www.bloomilk....px?g=topics&f=5

Might be worth checking out if you can't find what you're after at the regular sites (miniaturemarket, trollandToad, etc)

#19 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I would like to see some more cardboard tokens, as much as I would love to, I am too cheap to stock up on the WotC minis.

I also might make my own. I would scan the beginner game tokens, print more on regular cardstock, and glue them to 1 inch wooden discs made from sawing up wooden rods from a craft store.

If you're planning on doing a lot, something like this might save you a lot of effort. A little more expensive than a wood rod but much more easier. (Haven't tried it myself)

Edited by Aazlain, 04 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#20 Crimson_red

Crimson_red

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I will likely be using my WotC minis with my games, as this was the purpose I bought them for.

I wish I had some spare money.  I'd go on an ebay binge for SW minis. 

You and I both, though the last couple times I attempted it ( a couple of years ago) there were still folks willing to spend far more than I considered reasonable . . . grumble, grumble, I hate being out bid.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS