New forums are live! (as you know) :D

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just trying something. What do the 6 glyphs below look like on your end? (Looks as intended on my screen but not sure how it looks on different platforms):

⧫ ■   

I see a purple diamond a green diamond a black and blue solid square and a yellow and red Box frame.

#22 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I see a purple diamond a green diamond a black and blue solid square and a yellow and red Box frame.

Not perfect then. I'll find another way. Thanks. (Doesn't even look the same in all my browsers)

Edited by Aazlain, 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#23 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I use chrome if that helps any.

#24 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

test

w9KTgMG.png7MXtIAm.pngPZZOkjQ.pngvAUuWiq.pngwkeh8HR.png4YTKb49.pngir0m3iW.png

XCc1CUb.pngYiwLSco.pngHah7824.png

• Crimson_red likes this

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)

#25 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

test

I am seeing all the correct dice and the symbols.

#26 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

AND, the sizes are consistent, which they weren't in the first batch. Great stuff!

Now... how do we make them?  :D

#27 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Oh man, that's a really cool feature.  I hope they fix it so that they look right on people using Chrome and other browsers!

FFG Star Wars RPG Content - Periodic Updates.  Species, items, and more:  https://www.dropbox....3x57/qXerqp6BHq

FFG Star Wars Mass Effect Conversion - In Progress:   https://www.dropbox....woxz/xr0nnETGK4

#28 Crimson_red

Crimson_red

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

test

Looks right to me this time (chrome).

#29 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Oh man, that's a really cool feature.  I hope they fix it so that they look right on people using Chrome and other browsers!

Not quite a feature…

For the first attempt I used obscure glyphs from the system font. They dont' seem to display the same in all browsers so it's a no go.

I then simply created a bunch of symbols and uploaded them as an album to a free image hosting website. Works better but we're limited to only 10 pictures per post so it's kind of limiting if you want to describe multiple dice pools.

I've sent a suggestion to the moderators to include the EotE symbols as a smiley palette. Not sure if it would work. The smileys might be shared across all game forums so it would be confusing.

We'll see.

• Crimson_red likes this

#30 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Very cool! I hope they can help us out with that!
  • Crimson_red likes this
"Over the line!"

#31 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Aazlain: I see them! I see the fnords! (IE10)

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#32 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh those look great. Nice work!

#33 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

They do look great. we so need a pbp and a dice roller :)

Over all I am really liking the new forums.

• Mark It Zero likes this

#34 Fechik

Fechik

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

They do look great. we so need a pbp and a dice roller :)

Over all I am really liking the new forums.

Seconded!

#35 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Love the new forum, but a quick question. Is there a way to block users? I see all kinds of methods for adding friends and messaging but I'm searching for a way to hide trolls and Negative Nancies. Cheers.

#36 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Love the new forum, but a quick question. Is there a way to block users? I see all kinds of methods for adding friends and messaging but I'm searching for a way to hide trolls and Negative Nancies. Cheers.

There is a way. I saw it yesterday...it unfortunately isn't as simple as clicking an "Ignore" button. You have to go into your profile settings, where you can enter the names of users you want to ignore and choose to ignore messages, posts, signatures or all three.

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#37 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

There is a way. I saw it yesterday...it unfortunately isn't as simple as clicking an "Ignore" button. You have to go into your profile settings, where you can enter the names of users you want to ignore and choose to ignore messages, posts, signatures or all three.

Well, that's a start at least. Thank you very much! As a GM I'm here to learn and share excitement about the products I purchase but in my old age I'm finding I have zero tolerance for forum hostility so a little clean-up here and there makes for a more pleasant experience. Especially with Star Wars games there tends to be a few unsavory demographics that manage to show up every single time like Jar Jar to a Senate hearing. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

#38 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

I have to say, it runs much better now. And with the release of the game, these forums are now hopping. There were times I wanted to post previously and due to some hiccup or another couldn't and when I finally could I was "meh, why bother?" and didn't. This is much smoother.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#39 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Did I miss the option to jump to the first unread post in a thread? That's a really helpful feature and I seem to have misplaced it...
"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#40 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

You just need to click the little circle (or star, if you've posted) to the left of the thread name.

Though I think it all reset with the new forums - the first visit to a thread you've read before will send you to Post #1... but after that it's okay.

Edited by I. J. Thompson, 05 July 2013 - 05:25 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS