Photo

You know you're playing Rogue Trader when…

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#221 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

When you get RT and your group starts to go BC.

#222 Wincent

Wincent

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

When using Stars of Inequity rules you came up with Crew Reclamation Facicility being Deceitful enough to hide as a Medicae Deck (and PCs are ok with it).

• El_Jairo likes this

#223 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

When the Rogue Trader obtains a personal audience with Sector Governor Hax - after devastating the Takara Fane - and is left certain that he needs to skip the sector for a good decade at least.

#224 HarlequinR

HarlequinR

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

The ship's darkholder crew scare the reaver clans.

The RT plans to lure pirates as a way to make quick money.

The seneschal collects tithes from underworld bosses.

Any ship or world is fair game if you stop it getting a distress call out.

• Decessor likes this

#225 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

-you discover an alien infestation problem that's been on your ship since your family acquired it several generations past.

Or even better: The debased and mutated desendants of the workgangs who have built the ship 500 years ago and got theselves sealed off on a abandoned deck while they were welding togheter bulkheads.

#226 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

When your Ship master decides that the best way to clear a drop site is to buzz the enemy in a battalion scale drop ship and burn/irradiate everything in the way with the thrusters..........

When two of your player characters spend the entire campaign trying to assassinate each other and their father to try to inherit the control of the rogue trader dynasty (with the father taking it as youthful hijinks) with the following methods so far having been used (not exhaustive):

• Scorpions in the bed
  • Courtesan is secretly an assassin
  • "Accidental" weapons "malfunctions"
  • Poison blow darts
  • A musk enraged Giant Grox being unleashed in someones private quarters
  • An exploding crab
  • Bees
  • "the carrot of death"
  • Grenade Monkeys
  • Exploding Courtesan
  • Reprogrammed servitors

Bees- my god!

i would have gone for "scorpions in the courtesan"

• Decessor and Erathia like this

#227 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Or even "scorpions in the bees"...

Oh, come on, you know it makes sense!

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#228 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

No no- Exploding bees!

bzzzz bzzzz BZZZZZZ BOOOOM!!!

#229 darkforce

darkforce

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Bees armed with Shotguns shooting exploding Scorpions?

- When you smash through an Adamantium-Bulkhead with your will and your bare fists because "NOBODY DENIES MY AMBITION!" then remember you have a power fist and start joining the boarding-party.

- When a Forge World is under attack, you take a few atomics with you, "just in case". You also don't care about security, cause you can always get more. 

- Void Master drops one of said bombs, forgets to set the timer right, rides the wave, returns with what is essentially a burning wreck of a Marauder, lights up a Lho-Stick at the still glowing flyer "I admit, I almost broke a sweat."

• Decessor likes this

#230 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Now i wonder what Han Solo would look like as a rogue trader.

Imperial agent: why yes, lord Solo we would love to trade with you, but there are rumours that your first mate is a foul hairy xenos!"

Solo: "you have a problem with that?"

Imperial agent: "Well of course the emperor sez all xe-"

Solo (shoots first)

Solo: "Sorry about the mess"

• Decessor likes this

#231 BaronIveagh

BaronIveagh

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

The ship component bonus for hit and run is higher than their actual command stat.

• Decessor likes this

#232 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

The first thing a player says after reading about gland warriors is " can I get this for my noise marine in BC?"

-This idea is one of the least broken of the night.

-The most broken was one that involved rituals to move planets, kill ships and an excessive amount of virus weaponry.

Think fire ships...but on planetary scales.

• Alasseo likes this

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#233 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

The first thing a player says after reading about gland warriors is " can I get this for my noise marine in BC?"

How about for guardsmen in OW?

#234 InquistiorCalinx

InquistiorCalinx

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

When you make a pact with a daemon who is wanted for mass murder.

When said demon is wanted by OTHER DEMONS. Khornite ones at that.

#235 Mordechai Von Razgriz

Mordechai Von Razgriz

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

> When your players jump on rumors from Footfall about a magnificient warship ladden with archeotech roaming the Expanse...
and they discover that they were chasing their own tails and rumors about their OWN shtarship.

> when their reaction to this has been nicknamed " the Second Defenestration of Footfall".

> when no one dares to speaks about the first one, least they might triggered a third...

• Kasatka, Decessor, Tenebrae and 3 others like this

Cum historia mutat valde, Razgriz revelat ipsum; Primum Monstrum scelestus est.
Cum potentia sua Monstrum fondet mortem in terram, Deinde moritur.
Cum somnus finit, Razgriz surget iterum, Magnus heros est.

Game Master of http://excathedra.forum-gratuit.net/, Rogue Trader PbP campaign.

#236 DeMarchese

DeMarchese

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

>When you decide that you have gathered enough awesomeness to found a new sub-sector all by yourself.

>When you arrive at a Feral World and order your people to levy half its population without actually knowing how many people are in there... or pretty much anything about the planet itself. And you don´t care at all.

>When Lord Sector Marius Hax writes a letter to you once a month.

>When Karrad Vall burns a planet only looking for you.

>When you dismiss the loss of one of your ships-of-the-line as a "Insignificant matter unworthy of my attention".

>When you realize that acquiring Titans can´t be that hard at this point of the story.

• Decessor likes this

#237 ultrashake

ultrashake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

-An encounter with Rak'Gols is considered a promising business opportunity.

• El_Jairo likes this
"The endless dark of the universe is yours, if you but reach out to take it. Yield nothing—the void respects only strength." — Serren Travius, Rogue Trader

#238 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

When one of the player's first reactions to seeing the corrupted craftworld of Lu'nassad is "Do you think we could capture and recommission that for our fleet?"

90% of the time I'm posting without access to rulebooks.  Unless I say otherwise, assume everything is I.I.R.C.

#239 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

-This idea is one of the least broken of the night.
-The most broken was one that involved rituals to move planets, kill ships and an excessive amount of virus weaponry.
Think fire ships...but on planetary scales.

You know what? I think I have some (theoretically) feasible plans somewhere for moving planets around. Granted, it wasn't something you could do if you wanted to crash (for example) Venus into Terra, but that was because it was designed to shift gas giants (surprisingly, that's easier to do than move a rocky planet, at least with this trick). In simple terms- a structure (called a "candle", because you burn it at both ends), with equally powerful rocket engines pointing in opposite directions, oriented so one is aimed directly at the planet's core, with essentially a giant hoover so it could draw up the planet's atmosphere as fuel. If the engine pointing down is strong enough to maintain a constant altitude, then you can consider the candle and planet to be one object, so the other engine can gradually push the planet around. Slow as hell, but let's face it, it's not going to be easy to stop a gas giant. Add some attitude thrusters along the side, and you can move the candle around to steer it.
I could dig out the details, but suffice it to say, it's not really designed for interstellar hi-jinks, except maybe at seriously slow generation-ship type speeds. And let's face it, building the warp drives and geller field systems to loft Saturn through the Warp to wherever you want to crash it is a seriously non-trivial task, even when you consider the scale of building a practicable engine to move it.
That said, it's almost ideal as an encounter as a macro-scale colonisation project from the DAoT (if the candle is at the north or south pole, then any moons should have come along for the ride, and anything on the side of those moons closest to the candle should have survived). Or as a doomsday weapon (imagine crashing Saturn into Mars... actually, if you were to try this in Sol system, there are four candidates for firing candles, so you could either try again if you missed, or hit your target planet of choice with Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. At the same time)!

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#240 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Could you draw that please?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS