Space Wolf Scout

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

So what is the quick and simple of the +/- for starting one up.  BRB says Space wolves get +5 Perception, +5 Fellowship, Wolf Senses (Solo Mode) and Hightened Senses (Smell) Talent.  First Founding says -5 Felloship, +5 Agility for OBEL.  Does he start off with 1000XP's to spend or according to First Foundings at *00 because it costs 200XP's to be a Wolf Scout?

Just want to get my guy set up correctly before the game starts.  I've gotten my rolls and placed those stats via Roll20 earlier this evening.  Now I have to finish up the rest of it all.  Armor and everything else.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 Wonder Lemming

Wonder Lemming

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Wolf Scouts start with a net +5 Per, +5 Agility.

Being a Wolf Scout costs you 200 or your 1000 starting XP budget, leaving you with 800XP for other advances.

#3 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Okay, 800xp's to spend on Skills, got it.  Thanks.

Also, It states that I lose the "Command" skill as "Trained" and gain the "Shadowing" as "Trained"…..correct?

Just trying to do him up proper so as not to upset the group.  New to DW RPG, but not Rp's in general.

#4 Wonder Lemming

Wonder Lemming

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Well, 800XP for starting skills, talents, and characteristic advances.

You are correct that you lose Command and gain Shadowing at Trained.

One thing some people miss is that you get your Scout Armour in addition to your power armour, whilst the Stalker-Pattern Bolt Pistol replaces your standard Bolt Pistol.

#5 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Correct,

The -5 fellowship and +5 agility are the result of a special ability you gain in stage 4 of character creation; nor does the ability specifically state you replace your chapter characteristic modifiers (which occurs in Stage 2 of character creation) with these. You can only select advanced specialities in, or after, Stage 4 since you must be able to spend XP in order to purchase the advanced speciality (Stage 4 is when you're first allowed to spend XP).

The XP cost (200) is deducted from your starting XP (1000) since you are purchasing the specialty with your starting XP. Thus a newly created Wolf Scout has only 800xp remaining to spend after purchasing his advanced speciality.

The Tactical Marine speciality (which you must select in Stage 3 of character creation to be eligable for Wolf Scout) begins the game with Command Trained. The Wolf Scout trades this for Shadowing Trained.

The difference between trained and untrained is (just in case):
Untrained Basic skill: Can test, but at 1/2 skill's characteristic (modifiers are not halved)
Trained Basic skill: Test at skill's full characteristic
Untrained Advance skill: Can NOT test at all, any forced tests auto-fail.
Trained Advance skill: Test at skill's full characteristic

Command is a Basic skill for Astartes. If Untrained you can still use the skill, but at only 1/2 of your Fellowship characteristic.
Shadowing is an Advanced skill, you can ONLY use this skill if Trained.

#6 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Okay, got it.  Thanks for the replies.  I will read more into the Skills section tonight.  Last night I felt like I was running in circles and didn't think to determine the agrigate stats.  Will be playing Final Sanction when the team deploys.  GM has it set up on Roll20 for everyone.

I'll pop in with more questions as needed.  Again, Thanks.

#7 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Okay, in fleshing my character out I have gotten through the Armor selection (after what seemed like I was reading myselfin circles).  Now I amfeeling like I'm reading myself nto circles once again with Skills and Traits.  I've only got 800xp's to spend and I can't find the description of "Survival".  The GM is running Final Sanction and has allowed us the charts and tables in the BRB as well as First Foundings.  I'm trying to decide on:

Flesh Render - Eratta 500xp

Search - BRB 400xp

Dodge - BRB 200xp

Tracking - First Foundings 200xp

Survival - ??? 300xp

I can tak Search, Dodge and Trcking for 800xp or the Flesh Render, Survival for 800xp or Tracking and Flesh Render for 700xp saving the extra for the next round of advancements. Knowing the description of Survival will help me to decide.

#8 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Okay, just had another helper ession with the GM via Roll20 and got everything sorted.  My character has been created, reviewed and approved by the GM.  I'm ready to rock as soon as we cnfix te technical problems some of us are having with the audio function on Roll20.  May have to d/l Sype as a backup.  Other than that,I'm kinda stoked about getting underway.

Thanks forthe helpguys.  Much appreciated.  Still can't find the description of Survivl so I went with Flesh Render for 500XPs and Tracking +10 for 200XPs.  I've now got 100Xps banked or te next round of advancements.

I also took 1 clip of Hellfire rounds as my special allocation.  Should be fun.  I'll swear my oath to the Deathwatch, for Russ and the All Father !!!!!!

#9 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Here, DW corerules p.105 Survival skill
Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#10 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Thank You Routa-maa

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS