• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Attention SWLCG Players:

Announcing the first annual Colorado Region Star Wars Living Card Game League Championship! Here is the Bottom Line Up Front:

Date: 24 August 2013
Time: 1030 open registration, 11am start time
Cost: $12.50 - Preregister; $15 at the door
Tournament Style: Swiss Pod with top cut
Prizes: (future) Force Packs, gift cards, Aurabesh & Foreign Cards

Details:

This will be a Swiss pod tournament. When you register, you need to tell me from where you are coming, if you are traveling with others and your league. I would also like to know where your league plays. I will then divide your team across 4 "pods". When play begins, you will play 3-4 games Swiss in you pod before a cut to a single elimination top 8. There will be a consolation bracket where those who do not make the top cut can continue to play for gift cards and foreign print SWLCG cards!

At a minimum, the top player will receive 2x force pack vouchers from their local gaming store of choice (this is why I need to know where you play) and a complete foreign objective set  - first pick of all prize support. The second place player will receive something similar: details to follow. Depending on the number of players, there may be some additional "ad hoc" prizes as well. The remaining top 1/3 will receive a force pack and choice of any four foreign print SWLCG cards. The middle 1/3 will receive three foreign print cards and the bottom 1/3 will receive two foreign print cards. There will also be gift cards from Enchanted Realms; details to follow.

Play On Games of Peterson AFB has also donated 20 Vader's TIE and 1 Luke Skywalker Aurabesh cards as prize support! Thank you Play On Games.

Additionally, The team that preregisters the most players will receive token boxes made especially for this event. They are capable of holding the Death Star Dial and all the tokens from one Core set, as well as fit into a standard card box.

I will be using Paypal to accept preregistrations; message me for specifics. If you do not want to preregister, please let me know if you are planning on attending so I can flesh out the brackets ahead of time and bring enough / arrange prize support.

Hope to see you there and May the Force be with You!

"MasterJedi" Adam Howland

Edited by MasterJediAdam, 08 August 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Welcome to the machine!

#2 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Update: Seven people have signed up for the tournament. I have prep'd for 32, so sign up today!

Welcome to the machine!

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Bumpdate! Two Changes:

- I have increased the projected prize support! Each player will be receiving at least two German Star Wars: The Card Game cards from the following SWLCG sets: Core, Desolation of Hoth, Search For Skywalker, A Dark Time or Assault on Echo Base.

- Registration begins at 1030, with the first round starting at 1100 sharp.

Edited by MasterJediAdam, 29 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Bumpdate with two changes:

- Date change - I had a death in the family and have a funeral with no one to run the tourney, necessitating a change in date. The new date is the 24th.

- Additional Prize support! Play On Games on Peterson AFB has donated 20 Vader's TIE and 1 Luke Skywalker Aurabesh cards. Thank you Play On Games.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Bumpdated for the last time. I hope everyone who has said they were coming shows, as well as some that have made no promise! This is going to be a fantastic event, so come on out!

UT/AZ/NM/CO/WY/KS players - if you want to come and need place to stay, let me know. We can most likely find you space to stay!

Welcome to the machine!

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

I know I said that I would not bump this again, but I am getting really excited about this! Hope to see many of you there.

Welcome to the machine!

#7 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for all those who attended the event today! We ended up playing for free due to the low attendance, so for those who did not attend, you missed out on some free prize support! I also streamed some games, located here on twitch.tv.

Look for further and future event details for an October Balance of the Force event!

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS