No Lycanthropes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha

Alpha

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've started up an WHFRP v3 campaign set in Albion and am enjoying it so far. There are a couple of things missing though (at least from what I've seen) that I wish were there. What happened to the Squire? It was always one of my favorite classes and fits well into my game. Sure I can use something else and just say they are a squire - but that's kind of a shame. The one that really surprised me when I went looking was no Werewolf/Lycanthropes. They have been used a lot in the past in Warhammer FRP…..am I just missing them or are they gone for some reason?

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

None designed yet.  If you create some, be sure to upload them to RPGGeek where we can all get at them :)

jh

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hi,

I've used Werewolf/Lycanthropes in my games by using (sligthtly modified) beastmen stats, and actions, that worked great.

We talked about squires this in my group and came to the conclusion that you can use many different careers as squire depending on the characters background. But we agree that a squire "should have" been included in the Omens of War, sadly it was not.

#4 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

See also my site for Beastform: Were -card and Were -mutation card: http://kalevalahamme...rp3newcards.htm

This is offcourse connected to the mutation (and Ulfwerenars) more than TRUE werewolves…

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

In my signature, the link Book of the Asur, contains a Squire career I made. Give it a look, it may serve you for inspiration to create your own.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

I ran Sam Kisko's 2e epic fan scenario, "Its a dog eat dog world" and recall using beastman stats as well for some of that stuff.  I combined it with the old Ravenloft scenario, "Howls in the Night."  It turned out fantastic and I highly recommend combining these two scenarios.

Here's a bit of a suggestion:  http://rpggeek.com/t...the-night-raven.  I removed the werewolves and used bog hounds instead.  They are much less expected by the players and have a lot scarier feeling to them (because your players will ask "WTF IS THAT!?!?!?"  

Mr. Kisko also has a really neat set of useful tables on his blog:  http://valleyofblues...s.blogspot.com/  It is a very grim and gritty bunch of things such as , "best available reveling companion", and "best food and drink available."

jh

#7 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

What happened to the Squire?

Either the Pistolier career card or the Knight career card (don't remember which) indicates that mostly Knightly orders recruit from the Pistoliers. I'm not sure if that's a change from the original fluff or not, but it seems to indicate that the medieval esquiring system is not the norm within the Empire. Maybe if they do a Brettonian box we'll get squires.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS