• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hi all,

I am just looking for examples of what people have called their Kill-Teams.  I have seen the standard sergeant/leader designations or a greek alphabet letter or precious stone name.   I was thinking of something more fluffy and permanent, i.e. doesn't change with the mission or with a new leader being chosen.  All examples welcome.  Thanks!

~ alemander

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

My Killteam is code-named Blackthorn. I have nine players of varying frequency, 4-5 of whom typically make it to a game, so the team of nine marines (one short of a full squad!) is usually devided into two squads, Blackthorn Alpha and Blackthorn Beta (designation determined randomly), and sent to seek the mission objective in separate areas. The team consisting of the players who made it to that game are the ones who find the objective; the other squad finds nothing of strategic value.

#3 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

In our game, we have Kill-team Tenebrae, led by Captain Ragnar, and Kill-team Equinox, commanded by Captain Elias.
In the campaign background, a third Kill-team under command of Captain Kalor was named Bellerophon, but it was dissolved after incurring too many casualties, the survivors being transferred into Tenebrae.

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia)

#4 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Kill Team Epsilon, they have sustained heavy casualties. Heavy enough that for a certain duration no new veteran Space Marines may be created until a few years pass in game.

The two veterans still left alive from the beginning of the campaign (1.5 year in real life) are around Rank 4, but after this will be rank 5. One veteran just died as his insanity took over and he flew off to fight a Trygon single handed, a heroic sacrafice ensures the fight is easier for the group later. I houserule that because of their dire need of veterans that this Assault Marine would be entombed in a dreadnought, and they have just reocvered his body.

One character is a "veteran" in the sense his character was transfered to Kill Team Epsilon and has survived thus far, but has not actually been in the game and onyl joined within the last two months. So he doesn't know much of the sotry. He will soon be Rank 5 Apothecary.

One player from near the begninning just had his Assault Marine entombed and is now going to be playing a Psyker from the Blood Raven's (Rank 1). He has survived this initial session, but his player might play something else he isn't sure, which is good timing since a pause in the aciton is coming where they could get a higher rank person.

Another player is an actual newbie to TT games in general, but is also playing a Psyker and loving it. He is an Imperial Fist Psyker Rank 1.

Kill Team Epsilon

Rank 4 Dark Angel Techmarine (Soon Forgemaster)

Rank 4 Ulramarines Tactical Marine

Rank 4 Dark Angel Apothecary

Rank 4 Blood Angel Assault Marine (Soon Dreadnought)

Rank 4 Salamanders Devastator (Doesn't play much)

Rank 1 Blood Raven Psyker (Wants to play another Assault Marine, this time a Flesh Tearer *sigh*) 

Rank 1 Imperial Fist Psyker

#5 Korvis

Korvis

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

I'm writing a fan fiction where the team name is Obsidian.

• Koma76 likes this

#6 The Russian

The Russian

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I went with 3 over the course of my game online:

Cruxus

Hostis

Imperator

A player also had his character rivals with a killteam designated Javelin.

#7 FiannaMyke

FiannaMyke

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I read a couple of Steve Parker Deathwatch short stories (Headhunter being one of them) before our DW game started, so my Sally Techmarine suggested call-signs for each squad member for our training run. At the start of our first 'hot' mission, a team designation was suggested. A few names went around, but in the end we settled on 'Broadsword'. Though we spend our time calling 'Overwatch 1', our Watch Captain, rather than 'Danny Boy'.

• WiseGuy likes this

#8 Dracurian

Dracurian

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Team Fluffy-Duck, because my niece's giant fluffy duck was sitting near by & it made amusing noises. What's life without whimsy. :D

• FiannaMyke and MagosSteel like this

P.S: Dictionaries ar efor poeple eho can't spel. Obviously I am not one of thym. :P

"Some subjects are so serious that one can only joke about them." -Niels Bohr

#9 Night10194

Night10194

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

We've had Kill Team Aleph and Kill Team Valor.

#10 Koma76

Koma76

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Alpha Team ( PCs ) and Beta Team ( NPCs ).

Ye, boring, so what?

:angry:

#11 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

All the kill-teams operating in our game use a common 'theme' - where they are at the moment (Castobel), they're all named for swords.

The PCs are Scimitar squad, with Broadsword squad and Falchion squad having operated with them, Rapier squad having been destroyed by fiendish genestealer-related shenannigans, and Gladius squad being Mordrigael's terminator-armoured veterans.

#12 CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Kill Team Scary Bunny

#13 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Kill Team Scary Bunny

And why not. We had a particularly scary daemon weapon which (due to an Inquisitor with a really odd sense of humour) was logged in the Ordo Malleus Reliquary as "The Sword Of Bunnies And Rainbows"...

#14 CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

hehe nice. That name actually comes from an ancient Battletech campaign years and years ago. A friend of mine, when forming his splinter clan decided he needed something to fit in with the rest of the Clan names. Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Smoke Jaguar etc... Thus was born Clan Scary Bunny.

It's made an appearance in our games ever since. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS