Fett

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deadlyflorist

deadlyflorist

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

So I've seen it alluded to a few times in various diffrent posts, and noone has ever said anything diffrent, but how does Fett's special ability allow you to place bombs any more accruitly then any of the other firesprays?  My understanding was that bombs were placed when you fliped your movement dile over, not after you had compleated your move.  If that's true, then you'd drop the bomb in the same place no matter what your chosen move was, nor who your pilot was.  Do I have this correct?

#2 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

Dropping a Proximity Mine is an action. Actions happen after movement.

Therefore, if you have Boba Fett with a Proximity Mine, and he moves after an enemy ship, you can see where the ship moves, switch your movement to make sure you get in front of him, choose drop mine as your action, and the next turn, your enemy will have to fly through your mine token.

This is one of the reasons I always take a Proximity Mine, Veteran Instincts, and Engine Upgrade with Boba Fett. The ability to make sure you move last, see where people are going, react to it, and then leave presents or boost, is too good to pass up.

#3 Sprolly G

Sprolly G

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Zoccola said:

Dropping a Proximity Mine is an action. Actions happen after movement.

Therefore, if you have Boba Fett with a Proximity Mine, and he moves after an enemy ship, you can see where the ship moves, switch your movement to make sure you get in front of him, choose drop mine as your action, and the next turn, your enemy will have to fly through your mine token.

This is one of the reasons I always take a Proximity Mine, Veteran Instincts, and Engine Upgrade with Boba Fett. The ability to make sure you move last, see where people are going, react to it, and then leave presents or boost, is too good to pass up.

Add the upcoming navigator and Fett is looking pretty agile.

Rebels:
5 X-Wing's; 4 Y-Wing's; 4 A-Wing's; 2 B-wing's; 1 HWK-290; 1 YT-1300
Empire:
8 Tie Fighter's; 5 Tie Interceptor's; 4 Tie Advanced; 2 Tie Bomber's; 1 Lambda; 1 Firespray

#4 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ya I hate to loose the Gunner, but Fett + Navigator + Engine Upgrade + Veteran Instincts looks pretty fly.

Move last, change directions of both turns and banks, then boost... Thats one hard to nail down ship.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS