Photo

What other books/accessories do you think will come out?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 gwek

gwek

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

2. So the intent for Force users is to play a Force Adept in Edge of the Empire, a more powerful Force user in Age of Rebellion, and a full blown Jedi in Force & Destiny?  I state this as a question because this brings up a "canon" issue.  Technically large numbers of new Jedi aren't trained until some 11 years after the Battle of Yavin with Luke opening of the Jedi Praxeum.  How exactly does this book fit in with that "continuity?" Or is "Force & Destiny" more or less just a big Force book which can cover the post-ROTJ era, Republic era or even the Old Republic?

Yancy

Per canon, well over 100 Jedi survived Order 66 (someone did a count about a month ago, and I think the total was 120+). Although we know the fates of some of them (eg, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ferus Olin), I'd guess that at least a few of those others trained folk...

#42 SavagePanda

SavagePanda

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

I am hoping they come out with a pack of Character sheets in tablet form. maybee including all three from the back of the book.

PLEASE . . . Don't anger the Wookie.

#43 ajtheronin

ajtheronin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I would love a nice dice bag for those costume dice and a campaing box set that starts the characters as fringe and eventually conect them to the rebellion (and the second core book).

Edited by ajtheronin, 05 July 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#44 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I would love a nice dice bag for those costume dice

Oooh, dice bag... I'm a sucker for peripherals like that. I saw they've made them for one of their other rpgs, so there's hope! :)

[EDIT: I know the rpg has nothing to with the card game, but the faction logos from the card game would make great logos on the individual bags: Rebellion, Empire, Jedi, Sith, Smugglers & Spies, and Scum & Villainy. Sign me up!]

Edited by I. J. Thompson, 05 July 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#45 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oooh, dice bag... I'm a sucker for peripherals like that. I saw they've made them for one of their other rpgs, so there's hope! :)

[EDIT: I know the rpg has nothing to with the card game, but the faction logos from the card game would make great logos on the individual bags: Rebellion, Empire, Jedi, Sith, Smugglers & Spies, and Scum & Villainy. Sign me up!]

They could just make "token bags" for the card game that would hold the DS dial, damage and focus tokens, the Force token, and so on.  Alternatively, it could hold two or three sets of dice.

Edited by Lickintoad, 05 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#46 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

They could just make "token bags" for the card game that would hold the DS dial, damage and focus tokens, the Force token, and so on.  Alternatively, it could hold two or three sets of dice.

A-ha, there you go... double duty! :D

#47 thecableton

thecableton

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

After playing my first adventure in the Beginner Game and looking through all the starships in the Core Rulebook, I would love a map folio of all the starships in the book. I really enjoyed having the map of the Krayyt Fang and it seems to have spoiled me somewhat :P

#48 5sola

5sola

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

After playing my first adventure in the Beginner Game and looking through all the starships in the Core Rulebook, I would love a map folio of all the starships in the book. I really enjoyed having the map of the Krayyt Fang and it seems to have spoiled me somewhat :P

I am just going to make the Krayyt Fang the only vehicle for sale in my game. Player options be damned  ;-)

#49 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yes, I love ship deck plans.

#50 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I have seen a lot of those maps in Google, search for it! ;)

#51 Darth Hideous

Darth Hideous

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

I don’t know if they will make it but… I really hope they will make a “Galaxy at war” book.

It could be nice to have rules about skirmishes (in space or on planets), invasions/attacks and campaigns (fx the rebellion vs. the empire or the old republic vs. the sith.  

And how other things can affect the war. Fx do one side rule by fear? Do one side fight with guerilla tactics? How does the spy/anti-spy network work? What about the training of the soldiers, pilots, engineers, generals, admirals? And how does key moments effect the war? Fx destroying the Death Star (or a flagship), capturing or killing an enemy leader or droid designer, making a rebel force flee their base, stealing plans, destroying factories ect and ect. And what can the PC’s do before a battle to tip the favor? Fx destroying the Death Stars shield, identify and destroy scouting Tie-fighters or supply lines ect.

Questions I also would like rules for is. How many troops (and war machines) does it take to blockade a planet, attack or invade it? How many droids, troops, clones, fighters, capital ships can a factory, cloning facility or training camp create per hour? And what kind of planets do you need to control (with the right materials and food) to keep your war-machine going?

All of these rules should have their outcome modified by rolling some dice – for that element of surprise. And this is Star Wars so perhaps the strength of the light and the dark side could influence things?

I know this can sound more like a complex board game than a RPG – but as a player in rolemaster/merp and D&D (both systems have some rules for warfare) I thought it was fun to tip the scales in a war (and at the same time doing a lot of adventures on the side). And as a GM in a short Sith campaign (wizards d20) watching the consequence of the players killing a rival Sith Lord (a droid genius) to take his place. Only to discover they lacked the skills to run the factories, program the droids and laying the tactics as good as he did. The high council wasn’t pleased when the Sith army started to lose battles! J

• Ionman likes this

You, my children, are the water that will wash away all that has gone before. In your hand, you hold my light, the gleam in the eye of Set. This flame will burn away the darkness, burn you the way to paradise!

#52 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Such a product would seem to be better suited to the Age of Rebellion line than to the current Edge of the Empire game. I'm not saying that we won't see something like it, but probably not until that line is available.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#53 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

It could be nice to have rules about skirmishes (in space or on planets), invasions/attacks and campaigns (fx the rebellion vs. the empire or the old republic vs. the sith.  

And how other things can affect the war. Fx do one side rule by fear? Do one side fight with guerilla tactics? How does the spy/anti-spy network work? What about the training of the soldiers, pilots, engineers, generals, admirals? And how does key moments effect the war? Fx destroying the Death Star (or a flagship), capturing or killing an enemy leader or droid designer, making a rebel force flee their base, stealing plans, destroying factories ect and ect. And what can the PC’s do before a battle to tip the favor? Fx destroying the Death Stars shield, identify and destroy scouting Tie-fighters or supply lines ect.

Questions I also would like rules for is. How many troops (and war machines) does it take to blockade a planet, attack or invade it? How many droids, troops, clones, fighters, capital ships can a factory, cloning facility or training camp create per hour? And what kind of planets do you need to control (with the right materials and food) to keep your war-machine going?

All of these rules should have their outcome modified by rolling some dice – for that element of surprise. And this is Star Wars so perhaps the strength of the light and the dark side could influence things?

I know this can sound more like a complex board game than a RPG – but as a player in rolemaster/merp and D&D (both systems have some rules for warfare) I thought it was fun to tip the scales in a war (and at the same time doing a lot of adventures on the side). And as a GM in a short Sith campaign (wizards d20) watching the consequence of the players killing a rival Sith Lord (a droid genius) to take his place. Only to discover they lacked the skills to run the factories, program the droids and laying the tactics as good as he did. The high council wasn’t pleased when the Sith army started to lose battles! J

While it is not EXACTLY what you are looking for, perhaps this may tide you over until you see something more appropriate.

http://fanggrip.word...ematic-warfare/

• Darth Hideous likes this

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#54 Darth Hideous

Darth Hideous

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

While it is not EXACTLY what you are looking for, perhaps this may tide you over until you see something more appropriate.

http://fanggrip.word...ematic-warfare/

Thanks FangGrip! ;) It's a start!

You, my children, are the water that will wash away all that has gone before. In your hand, you hold my light, the gleam in the eye of Set. This flame will burn away the darkness, burn you the way to paradise!

#55 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

I am expecting a splat book per core class, and a series of 2-3 linked adventures.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 200pp companion book, comparable to the 40K line "Player's Guides" - adding a new core class, more gear, more ships, more races, more worlds detailed, etc. 

#56 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I think they will follow the 40K pattern they have established:

• They start with a Core book and GM Kit (check)
  • Then they do an adventure - usually 3 parter (check)
  • Next is a players options book
  • Then an antagonist/location book
  • Somewhere in there they throw in a bigger adventure set
  • After that they start branching out

There are some variation, especially after those inital books come out, but they always start the same.

Hmm... prescient aren't you?

• Core Rules & GM Guide - Check
  • Adventure - Beyond the Rim - Check
  • Player's Option Book - Exploring the Unknown - Check
  • Antagonist/Location Book - Suns of Fortune - Check

Looks like you got a 100% on that!  So...now they start branching out?  Any other ideas?

Edited by FangGrip, 23 September 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#57 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think they will follow the 40K pattern they have established:

• They start with a Core book and GM Kit (check)
  • Then they do an adventure - usually 3 parter (check)
  • Next is a players options book
  • Then an antagonist/location book
  • Somewhere in there they throw in a bigger adventure set
  • After that they start branching out

There are some variation, especially after those inital books come out, but they always start the same.

Hmm... prescient aren't you?

• Core Rules & GM Guide - Check
  • Adventure - Beyond the Rim - Check
  • Player's Option Book - Exploring the Unknown - Check
  • Antagonist/Adventure Book - Suns of Fortune - Check

Looks like you got a 100% on that!  So...now they start branching out?  Any other ideas?

Always in motion, the future.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS