Iron longsword surge ability

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Squeezy666

Squeezy666

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

When a hero use the surge ability of the Iron longsword and if the monster has 2 defense dice, who choose the dice to reroll? The hero or the Overlord?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Squeezy666 said:

When a hero use the surge ability of the Iron longsword and if the monster has 2 defense dice, who choose the dice to reroll? The hero or the Overlord?

Hero.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Good question.

I would tend to say that the user of the sword decides which die is rerolled - as the surge is used on his initiative.
But that is no more than my "guesswork" (and the way I instinctively played the card), as I believe that the question should be adressed to FFG.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

More generally, the player who is using the ability that grants the re-roll is the one who chooses which dice to re-roll.  If an ability lets you re-roll your opponent's dice, the intent is that it be used offensively - to make him re-roll good results in the hopes of making them worse.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS