Chum/Data Raven question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shadowagl

shadowagl

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

The Runner makes a run, he does not break Chum, and encounters Data Raven, he takes the encounter effect on Data Raven and choose to jack out, does he take the 3 net damage? 

#2 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yes, he encountered it and didn't break the subroutines.

#3 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Sorry about the double post.  But an addition to the above answer.  Same applies to Femme, if you hit chum and then use her ability to bypass the next piece of ice after chum you still take 3 damage because the subroutines weren't broken.

#4 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

nungunz said:

Sorry about the double post.  But an addition to the above answer.  Same applies to Femme, if you hit chum and then use her ability to bypass the next piece of ice after chum you still take 3 damage because the subroutines weren't broken.

That is also correct. 

Any time the subroutine on Chum fires and there is a rezzed piece of ice behind it, there are only 5 ways to not take damage. 

1: Jack out immediatly after encountering chum, 

2: Break all of the routines on the next piece of ice encountered. 

3: (VERY SITUATIONAL) The runner installs a parasite off of a Personal Workshop at 2.1 (durring APPROACH) that trashes the ice (but if there is another piece of ice encountered after that, Chum's routine will target it instead of the trashed piece of ice) 

4: (VERY SITUATIONAL) Midori is installed and rezzed in the server and the corporation opts to swap the rezzed piece of ice being approached with one from HQ and then DOES NOT rez it. 

5: (VERY SITUATIONAL) The next piece of ice is a Salvage, Tyrant, or Woodcutter with no advancement tokens on it. 

That's it. (unless I missed something, feel free to correct me anyone)

#5 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Number 3 would make me giggle if I pulled that off.  I can just imagine the rage on the corp player's face.

#6 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, personal workshop+parasite wrecks Chum +Chimera/whirlpool/data-mine/rototurret. 

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

You'd need multiple strength reductions that work outside of encounters. Until Bishop comes out, it's not even possible, because Parasite can only come with 1 virus counter (with Grimoire). Ice Carver will not work, because it requires encountering the ICE.

#8 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

You'd need multiple strength reductions that work outside of encounters. Until Bishop comes out, it's not even possible, because Parasite can only come with 1 virus counter (with Grimoire). Ice Carver will not work, because it requires encountering the ICE.

Actually, as I stated before, the usage of the paid abilities window @ 2.1 to remove a parasite from personal workshop happens before encountered effects (happens during approach), so a rezzed strength 1 or 0 ice can definitely be trashed before chum raises the strength. 

#9 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Oh right, Chum's bonus is on encounter, too. That's devious.

#10 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

NM

Edited by etherial, 16 July 2013 - 07:51 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS