Jay Little's hints at Games Expo

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

If they can speak into what their plans were back in May of 2013, why can't they speak into their plans as of March 2014...??  It is total bull that a great game is just left to die.  I know they need to make money and I appreciate that..but man this game/property deserves better than what it is getting right now.

#22 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

No, no, no. You got something wrong. Jay Little did not give any informations about what are they are working on. He just gave hints and ideas what they could be working on. He did not say that they are working on those, planing those or ever produce those. So nothing was announce and no information was ever confirmed. Those news/hints are not official from FFG. You can say that those were "rumours" what could be published but there is no sign of anything comming. So sorry, but like someone said the game looks like a closed line.

Edited by Beren Eoath, 18 February 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#23 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

FFG support told me that there is no new content planned/in the works for Warhammer 3rd

#24 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Finally they admit it.

I wonder why they changed their policy of stringing fans along?

• Keeop likes this

#25 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

FFG support told me that there is no new content planned/in the works for Warhammer 3rd

Bah

#26 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Finally! Someone said it official. Now we can stop thinking and talking about those hints/rumours becouse we know that there are not true.

So we can say it now loud and clear - WFRP 3e is a closed line.

#27 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

You seem happy about that.

Edited by Emirikol, 18 February 2014 - 12:18 PM.

• Banemus, Keeop and GmMichael like this

#28 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yea i don't get that either. Whats so good about this?

#29 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yea i don't get that either. Whats so good about this?

Because at least it gives us a defined answer, as opposed to the speculation that birthed this thread.

I, for one, am sad to hear these news, but at least it allows us to reorient ourselves as a community. 

Due to the size of the WFRP community, it's likely that we'll see a 4th edition, at some point. If I were to consider the direction of the system, I'd say that we'll see a Beta sometime before release that will curb the system in the direction of either EotE or the 40k RPGs, as FFG will likely want to win the support of the 1st and 2nd ed. communities with a more conservative design. I really can't blame them- those were some highly active communities. I imagine that the Warhammer fans at FFG were pretty hurt when the majority of that community rejected their (very spirited) product. We've done a very good job of nailing FFG's feet to the floor when it comes to innovation- just look at the Dark Heresy 2e Beta, and that wasn't incredibly experimental at all. 

It'll enable FFG to generate publicity for the edition, gradually bringing WFRP 1&2 gamers back into their fold and demonstrating that they're willing to support these gamers' opinions on how the systematic elements of the Warhammer Fantasy universe should operate. 

I can imagine that, by the majority of those communities, any conservative return to design and the promise of new material will bring many older players back under FFG's wing.

Edited by Kainus, 18 February 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#30 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

I got an e-mail once from a guy that said stuff. You'll have to take my word for it because internet.

#31 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Concerning Dark Heresy.... Yeah, the community did a pretty good job of screwing that up. I'll agree. One less system I have to purchase this year, though. So thanks for that, at least.   :)

If I wanted conservative design I'd go back to playing D&D. I expect better from the FFG community.

Signed, an older player.

Edited by Keeop, 18 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

• PiltharShokmeister and GmMichael like this

#32 GmMichael

GmMichael

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Not to further derail whatever this is, but I'd agree that the current state of DH 2e is an embarrassing train wreck. 

#33 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Not to further derail whatever this is, but I'd agree that the current state of DH 2e is an embarrassing train wreck. 

Out with the new...In with the old!  :)

#34 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Concerning Dark Heresy.... Yeah, the community did a pretty good job of screwing that up. I'll agree. One less system I have to purchase this year, though. So thanks for that, at least. :)

If I wanted conservative design I'd go back to playing D&D. I expect better from the FFG community.

Signed, an older player.

This is a rant:

Yea that is why i went for warhammer, i love the dice system. I hated d&d because it was always like this: roll your d20, everyone look at the gm very exicted and let him see if it failed or not.

Or hey i am level 1 and i need to roll a 15, few years later with a level 20 character i STILL have to roll the same 15, i just have a few more chances OOHH now i feel powerfull... Atleast here instead of 6 dice at level 1 you get to roll 15 dice at high level.

I don't get the interest in d&d much :o how about this: mis mis mis mis mis mis hit BAM instant kill.

Edited by Banemus, 19 February 2014 - 01:51 AM.

• Keeop likes this

#35 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

I love WFRP3e and if FFG has officially "closed the book" on publications it's up to fans to 'show the love' and create our illegitmate children to lay claim to the crown!

• madpoet, Eradico Pravus, Keeop and 2 others like this

#36 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

I think the most interesting would be a youtube series about it. Like :

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=R9HS48vx1NQ

Or an explanation on how the game works. There are almost none out there and the only ones i found were very bad quality.

#37 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

There are a few decent ones out there but they're all surface level type stuff. I enjoy the Reckless Dice playthroughs but I wish I could see the table. :)

#38 PiltharShokmeister

PiltharShokmeister

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Looks like Jay Little would be too busy anyway....

https://www.kickstar...pg/posts/750610

Dave Allen (Enemy Within) and Clive Oldfield have also got tired of doing nothing for WFRP.

Sad face.

Edited by PiltharShokmeister, 20 February 2014 - 03:23 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS