#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Just for your rumination:

http://www.p-mi.com/...1&t=58&start=10

Which would you like to see first?  Skaven, Greenskin, or Elf?

jh

• PiltharShokmeister likes this

#2 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Elf

says it all.

I wish I knew more of what was coming out, some form of a plan.

PoD's. What can we expect next and when, careers, wizard/clerics.

I have decided not to buy anything until the dice are ready so can get a bulk order to cut down on postage costs to the UK.

#3 Hiportes

Hiportes

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Great news!  I don't care which they choose to do first, I just want to see one to restore my faith in its support!

#4 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is fantastic news if true! Jay's still with us, hooray!

I'm wondering about the possible formats of these hinted at expansions…will they be Print On Demand, proper boxed sets, some new form of product format?

Here's hoping for some Skaven underrealm goodness, and a balls to the wall Chaos expansion big box/book that can live up to the Realms of Chaos books of 1st Edition that have yet to be topped in terms of aesthetic beauty and usefullness! 

An Elf (Wood/High) expansion would be nice, if only combined with other material (ala Black Fire Pass), i.e. an adventure and expanded careers and regional options for where your elf is from (Asrai of Athel Loren, Laurelorn Forest, etc.) etc.

Gobo expansions could best be handled via Print On Demand packs as Greenskins have been covered rather thoroughly so far (Core, Gathering Storm, Omens of War, Creature Vault, etc) and tend to bore me to tears in comparison to other Warhammer baddies.

I'm still holding out hope for a re-vamped/expanded, yet backwards compatible new edition or perhaps a gorgeous collections edition (ala Black Crusades collectors set)…tall order I know, but a fella can dream!

#5 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I was thinking on this, the only greenskins I think that arent covered are the hobgoblins, and those ogre ones.

But I could be wrong.

#6 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't want to hamper down the enthusiasm but as someone at the german forums said, if you look at the things Jay sad you will see that he talked about a lot of ideas and not ready stuff. So we are talking here about half a year at least if they start tomorrow.

But all in all it is agood thing someone said a thing about WFRP at FFG. So I will also join in heppily dancing and hoping for a wood elf/Elf box with maybe somekind of Lothern Forrest adventure.

#7 Apollwn

Apollwn

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Gief Bretonnia!

#8 nifoc

nifoc

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd like a few player race/monster race combo boxes.

Brettonia/Undead (focus on the vampires, the necromancer thing has been done in a few places already)

Wood elf/Beastmen 

High elf/Dark Elf (with a new careerpath that replaces the swordmaster)

An entire box focusing on the Skaven and their underempire would be great as well. For the hell of it, why not make them playable.

I'd like a box about Marienburg as well, introduce some cultures that are foreign to the Empire, like Tilea, Estalia(sp?) and Araby. Or maybe an entire box with these other cultures along with the Border Princes, Kislev etc.

#9 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Glorian Underhill said:

I don't want to hamper down the enthusiasm but as someone at the german forums said, if you look at the things Jay sad you will see that he talked about a lot of ideas and not ready stuff. So we are talking here about half a year at least if they start tomorrow.

I must echo Glorian here. It is great that they are looking at WFRP again, but if they haven't decided on what to do next, out of those options, then we are looking at getting something the summer of 2014 at the earliest. My vote would be for Skaven, as Children of the Horned Rat was one of my favourite products from 2nd edition. They could also look at Tilea, Estalia or Sartosa as none of them have been officially covered before. I am afraid the Elves need there own boxed set and supplements and some serious thought, otherwise they could be totally unbalanced. If they do the Elf box then I would hope not to see it before the beginning of 2015 as it would need a lot of serious playtesting.

#10 Apollwn

Apollwn

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

nifoc said:

I'd like a few player race/monster race combo boxes.

Brettonia/Undead (focus on the vampires, the necromancer thing has been done in a few places already)

Wood elf/Beastmen 

High elf/Dark Elf (with a new careerpath that replaces the swordmaster)

An entire box focusing on the Skaven and their underempire would be great as well. For the hell of it, why not make them playable.

I'd like a box about Marienburg as well, introduce some cultures that are foreign to the Empire, like Tilea, Estalia(sp?) and Araby. Or maybe an entire box with these other cultures along with the Border Princes, Kislev etc.

Totally agree with you man! Especially with the Bretonnia/Undead box!

#11 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Well it is already feb2014 and still no news about it :(

#12 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

Well it is already feb2014 and still no news about it :(

Because what was said has as much validity as when FFG said that they were not going to get rid of 2nd edition when they were already playtesting 3rd edition.

#13 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

One mor etime Ragnar made a direct hit. I also know that, and remember that when FFG got the licence they where asked about the future of WFRP 2nd and said that they are going to continue the line. Then they made a big sale of WFRP 2e products and there was silience - no news, no nothing. A couple of month after the sale FFG announced a new incarnation of WFRP named WFRP by fans known as WFRP 3e. That was on 12 August 2009.

So as much as I would like to belive that they are working on expansions I don't. I believe of course that they have a lot of ideas but from that ideas to a final product is a long way. Maybe all those ideas will find there way into a "new incarnation" of WFRP? Who know, maybe they are working on something - I do hope so. FFG is not saying anything and they will keep that silience until they are ready to announce it - that's how FFG policy works now.

Cheers

#14 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Well i hope they don't go for a 4th edition, because i just bought a lot of 3th edition stuff, and yes i know i don't have to switch but i for the cult of the new!
  • GmMichael likes this

#15 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Well i hope they don't go for a 4th edition, because i just bought a lot of 3th edition stuff, and yes i know i don't have to switch but i for the cult of the new!

Same here. I'm really sad that this game hasn't been supported in a while because it's really well done. If it weren't for the atrocious marketing of the line, this game would have been received much better by the community. I saw this thread pop up on the front page, and I was excited until I saw its dating.

• PiltharShokmeister likes this

#16 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

and I was excited until I saw its dating.

Me too!

I'm hoping for some new announcements soon.
My party have just about finished an eye for an eye; and if they survive the final encounter- we'll be progressing on to either the one from the Winds of magic, or the coming storm. I'll give the players the choice.

Got a new group starting this thursday too with Eye for an eye too.

Awesome game. Hope we get lots more stuff!

#17 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yes, hope always dies as the last one. I lost hope in any new announcments aspecialy when SW rpgs are FFG RPG bestseller (this is there best selling RPG line). The way I see it FFG has learned from there mistakes that they make when publishing WFRP 3e and made a better game - SW RPG.

They throwed away all that bothered players that like a more classical aproach to RPG, ad some of the best WFRP 3e mechanics and from this mix come a game that is better looking at the sales. I't not only the setting but also the mechanics that where aprowed by RPG players.

That's why I do not believe we will see any new announcments to WFRP 3e - it's not that big community and not a good selling game.

Edited by Beren Eoath, 17 February 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#18 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Tbh i think it would change a lot if they just made a beginner game for wfrp. Because the huge cost off 75€ is alot. In star wars it was only 20€ because of the beginner game.

They can do so much with this, if only they would just notice this!!

The core box is just so daunting much of information at the same time. And this would solve it, if they made a tutorial as they did for sw, just add new info step by step.

There are people that i know that are interested but have no idea if the game is good. They are afraid of that huge cost. Ok they can get the player guide cheaper but then you still need dice, the vaults, etc etc which would end up costing more!!!

I so hope someone at ffg reads this, otherwise i am going to send them a note. I know the chance is small for reaction, but it is a chance.

They don't even have to do a lot of investement, just make one with a day late shilling ( not sure if the name is right ) scenario or something.

#19 GmMichael

GmMichael

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

It's dead, Jim.

#20 Desalus

Desalus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Nine months later and not a single bit of new news in regard to 3e. Also the 3e reprints have been waiting to be scheduled for six months.

I'm guessing that whatever Jay Little spoke about back in May 2013 has been cancelled. I really hope I'm wrong, but the lack of any communication or new products is not reassuring.

Edited by Desalus, 17 February 2014 - 01:02 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS