Photo

A Closer Look at Two More Upcoming X-Wing ™ Starships…

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Come on FFG….you are killing us.  When will we get the scoop on the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber?

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces

SOONtir -  (6) Rebel Aces

#2 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Bjorn Rockfist said:

Come on FFG….you are killing us.  When will we get the scoop on the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber?

About 5 minutes after you give up hope.

#3 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

If you go to the Upcoming page, you'll see they're still in the development phase. So, I wouldn't get too impatient yet. We've all got a long wait ahead of us.

#4 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Save those Gencon bucks boys…

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#5 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Odd most companies don't show product at events unless they are pretty much done.  This would be like WotC still working on cards a month before a sets release.  It may say development, but they are done with all the cards and what they do.  Because if they expect to be released in the Q3 or at Gencon…..all 4 of these have to already be getting pumped off a production line in China as I type.

And I'll save alot more getting them from Miniature Market than at Gencon lol.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

#6 Kevas

Kevas

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

When will they start shipping? 

When will they start filling the back orders they alread have? 

It seems they are really having supply problems. 

Seems like they should just move production back to the US so they can control it better. 

Sooner or later they will lose the momentum they have and people frustrated by not being able to get any product will go else where. 

#7 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Kevas said:

Seems like they should just move production back to the US so they can control it better. 

Sooner or later they will lose the momentum they have and people frustrated by not being able to get any product will go else where. 

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

• John Edwards likes this

#8 Hush

Hush

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

nimdabew said:

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

Fast and Good, because as gamers, our wallets already hate us… 

#9 OnboardG1

OnboardG1

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

nimdabew said:

Kevas said:

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

…Is that an X-Wing series quote or is my memory messing with me?

#10 Cripple X

Cripple X

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yes, I believe Wedge says something along those lines in response to a mission briefing in one of the early X-wing novels. The usuage of the phrase in question is fairly common in business, so it didn't originate in the series, it was just borrowed and used there.

#11 executor

executor

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Kevas said:

i talked to the manager at one of my LGS's in my area today and asked if he had any information on when wave 2 orders will be back in stock

he told me that FFG confirmed that wave 2 restocks won't come until september.. so still a few more months to wait guys

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#12 Syleh Forge

Syleh Forge

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Try looking for ships at Barnes & Noble and Target and places like that.  Most game-stores are out, but some of the less frequented places have a few still

8 X-wings, 7 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300, 4 B-wings,  2HWK-290, 3 E-wings, 3 Z-95's, 1 Transport, 1 CR-90

14 Tie Fighters, 13 Interceptors, 3 Advanced, 4 Firesprays, 4 Bombers, 3 Defenders, 3 Phantoms, 1 Lambda

#13 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Upcoming page on FFG website now lists Wave 3 as as the printers, and Wave 2 as coming mid July, so….FWIW.

Be seeing you.

#14 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

So if wave 3 is "at the printers" sounds like all the cards are done…..so yeah.

#15 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yes, on the “Upcoming Products and Reprints” now appear all the individual boxes, wave 3 included as at the printer, and the starter set as “on the boat” reir

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#16 SpectreSix

SpectreSix

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I saw the B-wings at the printer and the first thought I had was to jump up and cheer like the Rebel troopers did in the Empire Strikes Back when the first transport is away :D

Spectre Leader, standing by.

#17 Bearhug78

Bearhug78

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

nimdabew said:

Bjorn Rockfist said:

About 5 minutes after you give up hope.

A Last Hope?

#18 Cripple X

Cripple X

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

It's been two weeks since the last preview. The previews for the previous wave came fairly close together, so maybe they'll post a new preview soon. I'm very eager to learn any new information about the Wave 3 ships.

#19 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

I saw that some online and Ebay stores have an early August date for shipping Wave 3.

#20 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have been told by my local gaming store early August as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS