4th Edition core future printings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yoshineko

yoshineko

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hi!  I'm just wondering if anyone might know if FFG plans to print any more copies of the 4th Edition core set.  I'm looking for a new/sealed copy, and the only ones I can find are sold by resellers and priced higher than MSRP, sometimes by a lot.  If it looks like they're done, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pay a premium.

#2 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm sure it won't be too long, they're far from done with Talisman. It was only a couple of months ago FFG were out of stock of a couple of the smaller expansions, and all kinds of sellers were asking ridiculous prices for them. After a few weeks, FFG had a new printing  of these expansions and prices went back to normal. Just be patient, the core set will be back at normal prices before you know it. Like I said, they are far from done with the game.

#3 yoshineko

yoshineko

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I'll pick up the expansions now and wait a bit on the core game, then.

#4 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just as a sort of update - As I see FFG still has the core game listed as "out of stock" the scam artists are coming out of the woodwork. Over at Amazon.com, one idiot is asking $900 for the core set. Greedy S.O.B.

I just want to reiterate, FFG is not done with Talisman, eventually they will get it back in stock at the regular price, to spend all that money now would be somewhat foolish.

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

The "Upcoming" page has the reprint expected in August.

http://www.fantasyfl...ge_upcoming.asp
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#6 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

See? no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money, all you need is a little patience. I still can't get over the guy had the cojones to expect he could get  900 bucks for it. Greedy b*****d, and that goes for the others wanting to get more that a hundred bucks for a game that only costs at most 60 bucks new. One sneaky guy even tried that Ebay trick where you seem to be giving an item a reasonable price, then they gouge you on the shipping. He was asking like 53 bucks for the game, but wanted 23 bucks for shipping. No thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS