Beta 2 WIP
Work-In-Progress versions are for people that love the thrill of losing previous work. I advise you: Before using your cards created with beta 1, make a backup of your cards to avoid painfull loses!
This version has known problems. Use it only for testing purposes.
Important changes for users
- Beta1 cards should load properly, but I haven't tested it as much as I wanted. If you open a beta 1 card that uses something not found in the instalation, like an official Encounter Set icon, a message will appear telling what's missing. If you save the card at this moment, you'll lose your original work. Also, I remind you that this version is incompatible with the old Strange Eons 2 version of the plugin.
- Now, tag buttons can be found in the context bar. You can add the buttons through the Preferences>Context Bar menu.
- LotR category in New menu has dissapeared, and cards are distributed though the regular categories. You can filter LotR cards with the selector in the upper-right corner.
- Card stats' rendering and some templates have been changed to make it more consistent between versions and pretier (and it will change just a bit more in beta3). If you are working on a card set, you should keep using beta1 untill you finish your card set to make sure you've got them all looking similar. Then, you can make a backup of your cards and try loading them with this beta2.
This version won't be available in the Strange Eons catalogue untill is tested. It must be installed manually. Here you can find it: http://www.4shared.c...xWZRBW/WIP.html
I've changed how the plugin is distributed, to make it easier to maintain. Now there are 7 packages instead of 2:
- The plugin, containing Core Set components and spheres: TheLordOfTheRingsLCG.seext
- Additional components appeared later (Objective Ally, Treasure and 3 accesory): TheLordOfTheRingsLCG-P.seext
Addtional sphere and difficulty variants (Baggins, Easy and customs): TheLordOfTheRingsLCG-V.seext. Note that the Easy circle is just something similar and may not look the same as the official cards.
Addtional official Encounter Set and Collection icons: TheLordOfTheRingsLCG-I.seext
3 high definition add-ons.
Only the main plug-in is required to create cards, but you may need to install the P, V and I packages to keep compability with cards created with beta 1. The HD packages are recomended only for printing. The easiest way to install these packages is to unpack the ZIP file and open the seext files through StrangeEons' File menu.
I suppose I have a compability problem when I use your tool and install some other plugins.
My cards show no name, no values for Attack, defense, quest, cost, hit Points etc.
If I use any of the tags like <will> or <lea> the text dissapears at a certain point, starting with the position where the icon should have appeared. In this case the text box also gets completly surrounded by a red dotted line as if I entered too much text.
I know this is rather vague, and as nobody else seems to have this problemit is probably not very high on your priority list. But if I can assist you in any way with this, please contact me.
p.s.: I loved the fix in the last version, where there was a Problem with the Arkham and LOTR ally Cards
I've also seen the problem with the tags. I hope it's fixed in this version for everyone, because the problem seems a bit random (seems a mixture of a bad font file and SE version changes and who knows what more). If you have the plugin opened as a project (that is, like you were be developing it) and also have it installed normally, you may see this problem.
For the compatibility problem, if it persists, tell me wich plugins you have installed, SE version and operative sistem you are using.
I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks. And I couldn't test this version as much as needed to release it. Please, when you test it a few days (mostly saving and loading cards), tell me the result so I can tell Chris (Strange Eons' creator) to upload it to the catalogue.
Edited by karagh, 07 August 2013 - 04:21 AM.