The Clairvoyant

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rophan

Rophan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

My wifeand I have been playing Talisman Prologue quite a bit, and really like getting the Clairvoyant card (You always have at least 1 Fate).  I have the base game and all three corner expansions, and haven't seen that card in any of the physical decks.  Does this card exist in any of the other expansions? or is it a special one just for the computer game?

#2 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hi, you are right. It is just for the single-player Prologue game to aid in the quests and she does not appear in any of the expansions of the board game.

#3 PromKing

PromKing

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Actually i think there is a card like that in the game. I'm pretty sure theres a pet that you can get in the city that does the exact same thing (always have 1 fate). I could be wrong, but i think the name is Lucky who is a panda.

#4 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

PromKing said:

Actually i think there is a card like that in the game. I'm pretty sure theres a pet that you can get in the city that does the exact same thing (always have 1 fate). I could be wrong, but i think the name is Lucky who is a panda.

That is correct actually. Was going through the pets deck of cards the other day and "Lucky the Panda" allows you to always have at least one fate point.

#5 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

If you are feeling up to making some custom cards, you can actually find a download of the Clairvoyant Follower on our good friend Jon New's site Talisman Island!

The link is:

http://www.talismani.../expansions.htm

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#6 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

PromKing said:

That is correct actually. Was going through the pets deck of cards the other day and "Lucky the Panda" allows you to always have at least one fate point.

Actually Lucky replenishes 1 fate at the start of the turn. If you will use it, you're not supposed to gain a new one.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#7 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

I keep getting the Clairvoyant when I play Prologue and all that pops into my head is the Luna/Clairvoyant combo.  You always have one fate and always choose the result?  No thanks!  I really hope they don't put this card into the main game.  

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

A card such the Clairvoyant is good as a bonus for a single player. With many players, such a card gives infinite fate (you may use 1 fate for each roll) and it upsets the core balance of the fate rule (fate is ok if it is a limited resource). Lucky is a big advantage as written, the Clairvoyant is simply too much an advantage.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS