When are attachment cards played?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mesmer

Mesmer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

My wife and I are battling across the gaming table about when attachment cards can be attached. 

I could not find out in the rules. Nor did I find if they are to remain attached once committed to a character card.

#2 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

The only time you can play attachment cards is during the marshall phase.  The remain, unless due to effect, until the character is discarded or killed.

#3 Mesmer

Mesmer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the help.  Now we can start having fun!

#4 funkypea

funkypea

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

That's not actually true. Attachments normally get attached when they are played, but there are numerous attachments that can be played outside the marshalling phase - eg any attachment with the shadows crest or any attachment with ambush on it.

#5 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

There are also attachments that have the word "Setup" in the text box. Those attachments can be played during setup. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#6 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

There are also attachments that have the word "Setup" in the text box. Those attachments can be played during setup. 

That's not actually true. Attachments normally get attached when they are played, but there are numerous attachments that can be played outside the marshalling phase - eg any attachment with the shadows crest or any attachment with ambush on it.

Technically, they are not "Played" -- that happens only during the Marshalling Phase.  They are "Placed" (in Setup) or  "Put into Play" (by Ambush or other Effect), or "Brought out of Shadows".  It may sound nit-picky, but there is a distinct difference.

Edited by kauai1964, 29 July 2013 - 09:03 PM.

• Ratatoskr likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS