• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 QuietDroid

QuietDroid

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4188

So, CH-1… how did he get two 4's and two 2's in his Charatceristics? isn't that like over 220 XP (not counting XP spent on talents)? Am I missing something or doing my math wrong?

Did they just embellish him to make the droid more playable? Are they not supposed ot be "starting" characters?

#2 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

It's possible that the starting XP for droids was modified for the official release from what it was in the Beta.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#3 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

mouthymerc said:

It's possible that the starting XP for droids was modified for the official release from what it was in the Beta.

We can hope.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#4 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Looking at some of the Obligation options, unless FFG has drastically re-arranged some of the specialization charts, I don't think these PCs were built using the standard character creation guidelines.  Some of the "spend Obligation to unlock" talents are llisted as costing 20 or 25 XP rather than the 5 or 10 Obligation listed for the characters.

Just looking at their starting equipment, it's pretty clear some of the PCs got far more than the 500 credits allowed in the Beta, and it seemed fairly clear that it was a design intent to start the PCs off poor and force them to take Obligation if they wanted better gear than just a blaster pistol, a comlink, a stimpack, and heavy clothing.

For instance, Matwe can choose to increase his Obligation by 5 to gain Natural Charmer.  Well, if you take a gander at the second half of the Bound for Adventure character creation example (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4048), they give you a glimpse of the first two rows of the Scoundrel talent tree for the Smuggler career.  Natural Charmer's not listed in either of them, nor is Plausible Deniability.  Hell, that last one isn't even listed in the Scoundrel tree.

Sinoca and CH-1 both have way more gear than just 500 credits gets you, with the droid having about 1000 credits worth of gear to his name while Sinoca gets 700 credits (not including the 50 credits pocket money she has by default)

I think much like the Beginner Box characters, these aren't really meant to be taken as ironclad examples of how characters are built in Edge of the Empire.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS