IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

After a long and torturing period of 2 months, the Revised 4th Edition of talisman along with 7 expansions has arrived!!! 2 months ago i had purchased the Reaper Expansion which was the only available in stock locally and had been waiting to complete the collection ever since. Cannot describe the feeling of unpacking everything and going through the boards,cards, figurines etc…

For those who haven't read my very first post (under topic: First Post Just Saying Hi), i've been a fan of Talisman since the 80's when i was just a small boy and used to play the 2nd Edition with my 2 older brothers and our father. We kind of lost touch with it though during the mid 90's for various reasons (brothers going away for studies, father being too busy with work) and so our 2nd ed. Talisman just got forgotten in the closet for almost 2 decades. It wasn't until recently that i found out that Talisman was not a game lost and forgotten through the ages, but still lives on in a new cool revised edition with numerous expansions. I knew i had to get it, so long story short, i contacted a serious local board game shop which supplied me with the Reaper Expansion and 2 months later everything else arrived. I'm already onto painting the character figures and also need to get a piece of mdf wood to place on top of my rather large (but not large enough) coffee table, otherwise there's no way all expansions can fit on it. Once i'm done, the long-awaited reunion for a game of 4th edition revised Talisman with my family will take place. I cannot begin to imagine the look on everyone's faces walking in the room expecting a 2nd edition session :D

Off to continue the figure painting and will be posting eventually my painted figures here.

• Captain Clegg likes this

#2 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Awesome, good luck with the painting, I have never got round to doing that.

Will be interested to see what you make of the differences: artwork, Fate, Raiders etc. (do make sure you read the Raider card properly.. ;-) )

#3 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

Thanks :) Been keeping myself so busy with the painting that i haven't had the time to play a game yet :P . I already had the reaper expansion figures completed over a month ago as i had that expansion in my possession before the rest of the game arrived and in the past week i've managed to complete painting 4 characters of the main board (Assassin, Dwarf, Monk & Prophetess). Will be posting some pictures here soon enough…

The artwork is simply magnificent. Every little detail is a masterpiece of art and that is quite simply the reason i would like to paint all of the figures. It'd be a shame to play such a colorful game with plain plastic non-colored figures. I say give it a try… Once you start painting you won't be able to stop.

Fate is also an interesting aspect of the new edition. I experienced it while playing Talisman Prologue on the PC and it really helps to always have a few fate points handy :) About the raiders card, will have to get back to you about it as i haven't located it yet in the big pile of adventure cards. Btw, would you recommend using protective card sleeves on the cards? I want to try and maintain this precious game and all of its contents in top notch condition throughout the years. Cheers :D

#4 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

yes, and I use the mayday games one, also the character sleeves get from thai board games, search for them on google :)

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Similar story here, tho I was about 19 when I discovered Talisman in the late 80's. And my friends got 4th edition before me. But I recently got my set started:

base set & Frostmarch used maybe only once $43
City new $31
Dungeon new $32
Reaper new but opened (Reaper card dented) free (Got a full refund because of the damaged card)

So a total at about $105

The last expansion I wanna get is Sacred Pool, waiting for another cheap find. I don't want the other expansions.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS