Homemade character sheet - Draft - Suggestions welcomed

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

I was rethinking about it, the 3rd page I was refering to would be a background, a picture of the character, his backstory, and would really be optionnal to be printed, as what you have is what is needed.

Good job!

#42 Drathen

Drathen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

I was rethinking about it, the 3rd page I was refering to would be a background, a picture of the character, his backstory, and would really be optionnal to be printed, as what you have is what is needed.

Good job!

I made a background im going to use with his sheet then scan in and paint my character over this player background. Still tweeking it but this is it http://imgur.com/qAAKaVd

#43 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Good job!

I made a background im going to use with his sheet then scan in and paint my character over this player background. Still tweeking it but this is it http://imgur.com/qAAKaVd

Yes, I saw that, it's a great idea... As long as I can have PS to modify it! (I'm ok, my wife has it)

• Drathen likes this

#44 Kager

Kager

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well done!!

#45 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

I've been trying to add a PC in your sheet, and I've noticed that the Available XP and Total XP textboxes are not right-aligned, the number appears on top of the text.

Also, I'd reduce the font size of the text in most of the textboxes, it would allow to add more text.

The font is set to autosize. So, if you keep typing the font will shrink to accomodate the text.

• aljovin likes this

#46 deeahchur

deeahchur

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

This is an excellently formatted sheet! Great work! :D

#47 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Updated the v4 sheet to handle some minor issues (namely the aforementioned alignment of the XP entries and the talent columns that weren't lined up fully to the table drawn beneath them).

• aljovin likes this

#48 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Tried the latest version, with the results that some things work fine but a few areas have trouble. See the below picture and note the issues in the Notable Features and Specialization Trees sections, as well as the fact that my icons for the Ability and Proficiency dice are instead the letters d and c in green and yellow, respectively.

GkWnQ5X.jpg

Edited by Venthrac, 06 July 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#49 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

My version works fine, regarding the d and s, I get the proficiency dice, however, not all the textboxes have the auto-size font, in the Talents and Special abilities, it's not there.

#50 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I tried opening it in Adobe Reader and it works better there.

#51 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Alright, Here's The First Pass

Grab, use, comment.

It seems that the dice pool is using Will instead of Presence.

#52 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Grab, use, comment.

Where?

#53 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

My version works fine, regarding the d and s, I get the proficiency dice, however, not all the textboxes have the auto-size font, in the Talents and Special abilities, it's not there.

This seems to be an issue with multi-line text boxes. I guess I could hardcode a font size (smallest is 6), but never sure what size is best because some people will type a few words and others will want to write whole pages.

#54 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Tried the latest version, with the results that some things work fine but a few areas have trouble. See the below picture and note the issues in the Notable Features and Specialization Trees sections, as well as the fact that my icons for the Ability and Proficiency dice are instead the letters d and c in green and yellow, respectively.

GkWnQ5X.jpg

Embedded the font into the document, so it shouldn't substitute for another font now. Not sure what PDF reader that is you're showing as the buttons should fill the whole field and not just be a small green dot.

Uploaded them to my site.

#55 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Getting there. 

I'm experiencing a bug. Can you replicate on your end ?

The character sheet doesn't display the dice pools correctly in the weapons section. Ability dices are showing but proficiency dice are missing.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#56 thorn-124

thorn-124

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

hello there. I would like to see in the skill section of the weapons without the selection item and where you can just type it into there.

#57 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Grab, use, comment.

Where?

I think it's something else, I've put values in all the characteristics, but I think the issue was that the refresh wasn't made after the update (like updating a value, but not leaving the textbox)

The Weapon section as well we had that issue, but I'm suspecting that it's the same. Here is how to reproduce the issue with the characteristics:

1 - Enter all the values

2 - Click on the box of a value (say Presence)

3 - Enter a new value (don't go out of the textbox yet)

4 - Click on the textbox again

5 - Click outside the textbox

I guess that the update is made on the "On-leave" event and it check if the "Changed" or "IsDirty" is checked, but it has been updated to false. At least, that's my guess!;)

#58 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

hello there. I would like to see in the skill section of the weapons without the selection item and where you can just type it into there.

It wouldn't be possible to know what characteristic to associate for the Dice pool.

#59 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I was using Foxit Reader in my picture above.

#60 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Grab, use, comment.

Where?

I think it's something else, I've put values in all the characteristics, but I think the issue was that the refresh wasn't made after the update (like updating a value, but not leaving the textbox)

The Weapon section as well we had that issue, but I'm suspecting that it's the same. Here is how to reproduce the issue with the characteristics:

1 - Enter all the values

2 - Click on the box of a value (say Presence)

3 - Enter a new value (don't go out of the textbox yet)

4 - Click on the textbox again

5 - Click outside the textbox

I guess that the update is made on the "On-leave" event and it check if the "Changed" or "IsDirty" is checked, but it has been updated to false. At least, that's my guess! ;)

There is no Change or "Dirty". The events possible in Acrobat are onFocus, onBlur, MouseUp, MouseDown, MouseEnter and MouseExit. So, I chose the action that would work "the best" for it. Namely onBlur (when the field loses focus).

If the sheet was a webpage, then I could do a lot more using jQuery/jQuery-ui, but at the cost of not controlling the layout as precisely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS