Homemade character sheet - Draft - Suggestions welcomed

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

After scoping out the official one, I am definitely partial to yours!

"Over the line!"

#22 thorn-124

thorn-124

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

i hope you get a working version up and ready soon of the verson two draft.

#23 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I've posted a new version (see first post)

Minor tweaks this time: 

• Weapon section: Combined "Qualities" and "Attachments" into a single large blank box for more versatility/space.
  • Weapon section: Added visual markers to better divide the 4 weapon slots.

Here is a sample of how a filled character sheet would look. Note that is is based on a stock character that doesn't follow the character creations rules precisely.

Edited by Aazlain, 02 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#24 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Love the sheet but for one thing, the very small fonts.

#25 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Love the sheet but for one thing, the very small fonts.

It's indeed kind of small. There was a lot of information to fit in there so not much to be done about this. Can you believe I used the same font size as the official character sheet ? (And in some case a little larger.)

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)

#26 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yes, I can. It's my only real complaint about the game. I literally have to read the rule book with a magnifying glass.

#27 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Whad'ya know! I was able to bump the font size up almost everywhere by adjusting the columns widths a little. (See first post)

I've also:

• Swapped position of the "Wounds" and "Strain" boxes.
  • Removed the word "Attachments" from the armor box so other types of enhancements can be written there.

#28 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

You da man!

#29 SavagePanda

SavagePanda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

is this version a form fillable and if not can you make a version form fillable.

PLEASE . . . Don't anger the Wookie.

#30 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

is this version a form fillable and if not can you make a version form fillable.

Not yet. I don't know javascript so I can't do it myself. That being said, I've approached Kallabecca to see if he would be willing to help with this part. He's the one who did a formidable job adding the fields to my beginner game character sheet.

#31 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

I've got a good chunk of the forms done. I started work on the JS side of things to handle the check boxes as well as the creation of the dice pools. That is going a little slower as I'm trying to make the same JS work for each field without needing to know what name it is and what names belong to its neighbors.

Tomorrow is a holiday, so I'll probably work on it then since I don't have any gaming plans.

#32 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

*Admires Kallabecca*

The Force is strong with this one...

#33 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

So, I didn't get as far with the sheet as I wanted, but it is almost done. It autofills the dice pools with the appropriate G and Y symbols and updates them when Skill Ranks are changed or the Associated Characteristic. I haven't worked out how to figure out which Characteristic belongs to the blank fields (one under Knowledge, one under general skills and one in the combat section). So two of those don't work properly yet. Also need to finish up a few more fields elsewhere. Then it should be ready for use.

• Mark It Zero and Aazlain like this

#34 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Oh sweet! I love the idea that it will autopop the dice icons. That's a huge help.

#35 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

So, I didn't get as far with the sheet as I wanted, but it is almost done. It autofills the dice pools with the appropriate G and Y symbols and updates them when Skill Ranks are changed or the Associated Characteristic. I haven't worked out how to figure out which Characteristic belongs to the blank fields (one under Knowledge, one under general skills and one in the combat section). So two of those don't work properly yet. Also need to finish up a few more fields elsewhere. Then it should be ready for use.

Ok the symbols being included is quite awesome!
"Over the line!"

#36 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Alright, Here's The First Pass

Grab, use, comment.

• Mark It Zero, bladerunner_35 and nobble like this

#37 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

Very nice.

#38 Drathen

Drathen

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Grabbed, using, effing nice job!!

#39 SavagePanda

SavagePanda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

loving it

PLEASE . . . Don't anger the Wookie.

#40 aljovin

aljovin

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I like the clean look, not too crowded, easy to read.

While I understand why you put all the combat data on one side, the combat skills being split from the other skills is anoying me. However, I think it's a clean usefull layout.

Are you going to do the Vehicule sheet and the Group sheet? That would be great!

EDIT:

I've been trying to add a PC in your sheet, and I've noticed that the Available XP and Total XP textboxes are not right-aligned, the number appears on top of the text.

Also, I'd reduce the font size of the text in most of the textboxes, it would allow to add more text.

In the Talents and Special Abilities, Center the Page and Ranked textboxes.

Activation, I'm not sure, "Passive" is too big to be written there, maybe when (if) you reduce the font, the whole word can be written. The summary is a bit too small, again by reducing the font, it may be just enough.

I'd also like to be able to have a picture of the character on the sheet, but then again, it would put the data on 3 pages...

Edited by aljovin, 06 July 2013 - 09:11 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS