• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer1

Rimmer1

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

*REPOST*

OK, one of the PC's (The Cleric) is now going to develop some latent psyker abilities, brought on by a particularly horrendous episode, after having read the Nascent Psyker rules in Inquisitors Handbook, and not liking them one bit, i am asking for some advice.

1. Does one of the other books have some alternate rules

2. Are there some decent house rules someone else has already cooked up.

Cheers

Lord Inquisitor - Sometimes a Bolter is not the only, nor best answer my Acolyte.

Acolyte - Yes my Lord, that is why I requisitioned a Melta Gun, Plasma Pistol and Vortex Grenades

Lord Inquisitor - Your not even listening are you?

Acolyte - How are you with Archeotech?

#2 sanguinemetaldawn

sanguinemetaldawn

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Rimmer1 said:

1. Does one of the other books have some alternate rules

Cheers

The Radical's Handbook pg 149 The Question of Psychic Adepts is a good place to start; it discusses 3 different basic options: Sanctioned Pysker, Rogue Psyker, or Sorceror.

#3 sanguinemetaldawn

sanguinemetaldawn

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Also, since he is a Cleric, and since True Faith and Psyker abilities are mutually exclusive, you could use these instances as a way to have the Cleric begin to discover True Faith talents, and so forth. However, the potential reason this might not work would be how you imagine the experiences to have affected the character. Is it possible that these experiences increased the zealotry and conviction of the character? The Emperor is supposed to have a presence in the warp…did the character actually see the Emperor's warp presence? That would be a good reason to become inspired by the Emperor. And characters do gain insanity as a result of exposure to Imperial influences sometimes. On the other hand, if it was more of a deamon's-corrupting-power type of exposure, perhaps the Forsaken Priest, page 42 of the Radical's Handbook is the way to go, with the varied Arcana and Sorcerer advances. If that is how you want to do it, I would start off by giving the F.P. the Sorcerer advance for free, and giving him automatic access to the FP alternate level whenever he chooses.

#4 Denmar1701

Denmar1701

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

sanguinemetaldawn said:

Also, since he is a Cleric, and since True Faith and Psyker abilities are mutually exclusive, you could use these instances as a way to have the Cleric begin to discover True Faith talents, and so forth. However, the potential reason this might not work would be how you imagine the experiences to have affected the character. Is it possible that these experiences increased the zealotry and conviction of the character? The Emperor is supposed to have a presence in the warp…did the character actually see the Emperor's warp presence? That would be a good reason to become inspired by the Emperor. And characters do gain insanity as a result of exposure to Imperial influences sometimes. On the other hand, if it was more of a deamon's-corrupting-power type of exposure, perhaps the Forsaken Priest, page 42 of the Radical's Handbook is the way to go, with the varied Arcana and Sorcerer advances. If that is how you want to do it, I would start off by giving the F.P. the Sorcerer advance for free, and giving him automatic access to the FP alternate level whenever he chooses.

I have taken extreme exception to your point of True Faith and Psyker abilities being mutually exclusive. Where in all the rulebooks, have you found a rule by RAW that so states?

Extraordinarily rare for them to exist side by side… I might agree with. But mutually exclusive? That would lead to the suggestion that the God-Emperor, who is considered by many to be the most powerful Psyker ever, to be a Heretic.

Also, such a character would be… powerful in the extreme, if not kept in check by some wise GM.

For example, I have an NPC in my game that does have both Psy powers and Pure Faith. Her extremely limited Faith powers are more of the 'always on' variety (Aura of Faith is one of them, and that she elite advanced to take)… things that she's not even consciously aware that she has.

As far as rulebook allowing this, you should check the Ascension handbook and the class of Inquisitor that can have both Pure Faith and Psy powers side by side.

"It's what we do... we live, fight or die, at the God-Emperor's graces"

... Inquisitor Mardenicvs Aneas Rexvs, shortly before his death.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS