Tacoma WA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DukeWellington

DukeWellington

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

If you are in the area and want to play then talk to me.

#2 VTSvsAlucard

VTSvsAlucard

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Do you still live in the area? We could meet up at Games Matrix if you'd like to get some games in.

#3 winteriscoming

winteriscoming

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I live in Olympia, but I'm looking for players for LOTR as well as Call of Cthulhu.

#4 prune

prune

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

If you're free this weekend, come to the Contac free gaming mini-convention at the Shilo Inn in Tacoma.  A few of us are planning to play through The Hobbit scenarios in order, starting at 9 on Sunday morning.

https://warhorn.net/events/contac

http://www.meetup.com/Contac/

#5 winteriscoming

winteriscoming

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks, prune. I just might be able to make that. I've only really played solo before. I'll bring a couple of decks, but it looks like they may overlap with another player. The only deck I have that has given me much success is Spirit/Lore: Aragorn, Glorfindel, Eowyn. I have a Leadership/Tactics dwarf deck that I haven't had as much luck with - Thorin, Thalin, Balin.

Anyway, I'll bring some extra cards to be able to swap out heroes. Thanks for the heads up!

#6 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

winteriscoming,

If you're looking for Call of Cthulhu, we have an active group in Portland called Mythos and Microbrews.  We meet once a month for Cthulhu and beer.

We're meeting this Saturday from 12-5 at Guardian Games.  They have a bar in the back so that's where we play most of the time, though if there are any minors attending we reserve a table in the general gaming area as well.

On December 7th we're running the first-ever North American CoC multiplayer tournament.  Entry fee is $6 and everyone who participates gets a promo Eldritch Nexus card.

I realize it's a bit of a drive, but we often have players from the Puget Sound area come down and game with us.  If you're interested, send me an email to ravone@comcast.net

#7 winteriscoming

winteriscoming

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thanks, Yipe! I had the pleasure of joining you all for the regionals last time around (Dan from Olympia). I've been trying to make the time to go this weekend, but I have work responsibilities tomorrow that I can't escape. Hopefully, I can get it together for the tournament in December.

For anyone reading this that can make it to Portland - the Mythos and Microbrews folks (cultists) are easily the friendliest and most welcoming group of gamers I've met. I know a lot of hard work went in to creating such an inclusive community.

Have fun tomorrow!

#8 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hey Dan, I didn't realize that was you!  I knew winteriscoming rang a bell somewhere deep in my subconscious, sorry about that, and I'm sorry we won't be seeing you today.  You guys were great players in every regard.

Will you and Hugo by joining us for December?  I know that Peter and Erin are driving down.  It could be our best tournament yet, with a new format and lots of swag.  Right now we have 12 players attending.  Hopefully it all works out and you guys can make it.

Sincerely,

Matt

#9 winteriscoming

winteriscoming

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hope everything went well today, Matt! I know that Hugo is interested in making it down for the tournament, so I'll get in touch with him and see if we can make some plans.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dan

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS